10+ miles per gallon?

Honda Lunacy

I heard that if you were to put 2oz. of pure Acetone to every 10 gallons of gas, it will give you 10+ miles per gallon depending on driving habits. Now I know that Acetone is very highly flammable and will condition the gas to be able to ignite easier from the spark cuz the Acetone makes it more of a vapor than solid form. But I was wondering, will the Acetone over time cause damage to the fuel injectors or any seals or such? I'm sure the Acetone will clean out any gunk or build up but will it eat away at seals and such since it's more volatile than gasoline?

the acetone thing isn't a gimmick so much as it will really clean out the fuel system and restore mileage back to near stock levels. older vehicles, specifically carbed ones, respond to it very well. newer, cleaner honda FI engines don't gunk up like old domestics and really don't loose fuel efficiency as they age. the downside as note above is that doing it too much will damage rubber seals.

because acetone is free if you live with a female, and if not it only costs a buck or two and you can get it from anywhere, not just a car supply store. from everything I have read you can use nail polish remover, just anticipate your exhaust fumes to smell like nail polish remover for a little while.

why not just dump some seafoam in it?

What is Seafoam? I've been around cars almost all my life but it must've been sheltered cuz I have no idea what Seafoam is. lol. Plus Acetone is highly combustible and therefore creates a bigger "boom" so to speak which creates more push in acceleration.

Archived