me new to here!!! sweet!

JeebS

hi i found this board by just typin' it. sweet yah? @_@ hehe. well i drive a '96 civic coupe w/ a b16 swap. other mods include:

engine:

’94 JDM b16a2 w/ tranny swap

solo short shifter

magnecore spark cables

ngk race plugs

’98 JDM type r oil cap

hondata s200 system

zigen fireball catback and exhaust (soon to be hks carbon titanium exhaust)

dc 4-1 stainless header

vortech fuel rail and optimizer

vortech supercharger w/ after cooler

hks ssbov

exedy clutch and fly wheel

skunk2 intake manifold

skunk2 titanium retainers

skunk2 valves

skunk2 valve springs

skunk2 cams

skunk2 cam gears

81.5mm 9:1 cp pistons

eagle rods

aebs headstuds

golden eagle block guard

civic type r lsd

c&r radiator w/ fan

unorthodox sc pulley

550cc rc injectors

the borin' stuff:

full feel’s widebody kit

type r mirrors

JDM altezza outer taillight conversion

custom black housing headlights

shaved moldings, trunk and antenna

dg carbon hood

civic four door back handles

custom carbon eyelids

’97 JDM civic sidemarkers

custom gold paint

interior:

apex el series tach w/ shift light

mugen suede steering wheel

tekniq snap-on hub system

razo carbon pedals

momo leather shift knob

civic type r shift boot

two recaro srd seats in black

wheels/suspension:

17x7.5 advan rg rims in gold

falken ze-502 tires

tein ha coilovers w/ pillowball mounts

camber kit

kyokugen lug nuts

wilwood brake kit

bomz floor brace

here's two old pictures of the car:

jcivic1.jpg

jcivic2.jpg

still got the same kit and tail light conversion. ^_^ i like the feels kit too much to change it. i'd just toss the whole car if that was the case and get an ek9. as for the tail light conversion....i really don't like the coupe tail lights w/ the widebody.

An EK4 is a JDM Civic. An EK4 and EK9 are not sold or legal in the US.

US hatchbacks use the chassis code EJ6.

There is a difference in the EK and EJ chassis themselves so you should care about chassis codes.

I find it funny that the only pics you have of the car are exterior shots while it is moving on a road, and none of it sitting in your driveway or interior, suspension, engine, etc shots.

SSR, while you were correcting him, you should have added in that JDM motors don't use number. It's merely a B16A (SiRII). But then, the USDM version of that motor is the B16A3.

Skyline's aren't actually sold in the US, and aren't legal in the US, but importers bring them in, make them CARB legal (They had to put 5 cats on the PROFILE GT-R), and then resell them.

I didn't pay much attention to his mod list, good point on the engine code.

When will people learn their 6th gens aren't EK's?

I always refer to Hondas by their JDM chassis codes :crazy: , I know those much better than the USDMs.

Shame on you. USDM and JDM chassis codes can mean whole different engines and chassis themselves.

I call USDM hondas by their name, I call JDM hondas by their chassis codes.

*_* ok this is a bit over drawn. you want engine pics and still shots go here(a bit old but that's how the car looks on the outside still. most recent mods are all engine internals: http://www.team-rice.net/justin.htm

all the mods i listed on this topic are in the car(the photos are from last year i didn't have all the engine work done nor did i have the wilwood brake kit installed) i'll be gettin' the motor tuned by jeff of importbuilders. a friend of mine is flyin' him down in november. if there are any people from hawaii on these forums and are lookin' to get a hondata let me know.

Asking for engine and still shots isn't anything new. There are plenty of people who act like they have cars and are really 13 or 14. Why fly someone in? There are good tuners in Hawaii already.

Oh yeah, that is a link to a search engine.

whoops. didn't know i couldn't link outside of your website to an individual page.... civicracinggirl has the link to our current version. if you check out the archive under extra you'll see the old layout and can check out the pics and the old site as well. sorry for bein' alittle angry about things. just felt like i was bein' flamed. i can see where you'd think i could be some little kid posin'. :crazy: my friend roy is a dealer for them out in hawaii. he just started. =P as for why we're flyin' in the tuner....no one in hawaii knows how to tune hondata yet so we're flyin' jeff and the inventer of hondata to hawaii to teach gary...the tuner that works at sonic motorsports in hawaii. peace-J

There are no Hondata dealers in Hawaii, because of what CivicRacingGirl7 said, and because Hondata will not list you as an authorized dealer until you have sold a certain amount of units.

There are several people in Hawaii who tune Hondata.

• 1 month later...
An EK4 is a JDM Civic. An EK4 and EK9 are not sold or legal in the US.

US hatchbacks use the chassis code EJ6.

There is a difference in the EK and EJ chassis themselves so you should care about chassis codes.

I find it funny that the only pics you have of the car are exterior shots while it is moving on a road, and none of it sitting in your driveway or interior, suspension, engine, etc shots.

Yes, these are both sold and legal in the US.

Archived