Getting ready for paint, want opinions on misc parts

cmgogo

2 members have voted

1. 1. Carbon or Kevlar Carbon

• Carbon only
    • Kevlar
    • Stock metal.. meh

Car will be sprayed HoK Candy Apple Red Mettalic, suspension componenets are gold, rims are powdercoated a dark gold (fat 5's), mirrors will be sprayed black (with the 3m plastic bug shield overlays to keep them from chipping)

So whatcha think? Im personaly torn between CF and CKF, just because its that much less I gotta paint haha

Btw the parts im looking at are

1878.jpgor2260.jpgI already have the actual lights, H3 HIDs @ 3k, yellow lenses

2658.jpgor2659.jpg

and OEM style hood in CF or CKF

Just looking for some feedback.

cfk might go well with your wheels, could tie everything together.

i wouldnt paint the mirrors black though, since they are located on the door it, they will stand out more than if they were body colored.

black mirrors look good when they are on the window because they blend in

the kevlar might not look bad. i agree with airjordan onthe mirrors. and i know a guy on another forum that wraps stuff is in cf or cfk. also do you have a sample of the paint?

Well actually did a bit of research, asked a few companies what they use for UV protective coatings and the majority of them wouldnt say, nor offer anything more than a 30 day warranty on the CKF parts. (Kevlar is VERY UV reactive)

Soooo.... Looks like im going CF. And actually I have seen some sols with black mirrors and they actually came out very nice. Mind you im keeping the lip, rear diffusor (like prestons), and side skirts black as well.

No worries about how it will turn out. You are just as bad as Mike - perfectionist. If it doesn't look perfect I am sure it won't last long before being fixed.

No worries about how it will turn out. You are just as bad as Mike - perfectionist. If it doesn't look perfect I am sure it won't last long before being fixed.

+1

Archived