Finally bought my del Sol

Drop Shock

After 2 weeks of searching and bargaining I finally got my del Sol last night

It's a 94 del Sol Si with 135,XXX miles on it

Stock except for 17" rims, after market flood lights and a cold air intake

the paint is primer and I want to paint it a lighter blue than the STI's with white rims

kind of a project car.

Only $2k

I dont have too many pic's and the ones I have are all from my crappy phone

Nov132010.jpg

so I brought it to my friends shop and found that it was leaking oil and the axel boot was blown up. I also discovered that it has been lowered with DropZone Lowering springs 2.5 font 2.25 rear. any one know anything about DZ Sport Lowering Springs?

heres a nice pick :)

jackedup.jpg

anyone know if hearing a liquid splash back and forth behind my seats when making sharp turns is a problem lol i've heard of del sol's leaking but i havent read anything about the car filling with water. its been raining pretty hard lately here in NJ so this is could possibly be the reason

ive never heard of that bad of a leaking problem.. mine leaks a little bit on the windows from bad seals on the targa..

is the water in your bins? maybe there is a waterbottle stuck under your seat :laugh:

anyone know if hearing a liquid splash back and forth behind my seats when making sharp turns is a problem lol i've heard of del sol's leaking but i havent read anything about the car filling with water. its been raining pretty hard lately here in NJ so this is could possibly be the reason

what seb said

mine actually did it after a couple bad rain storms this summer but i just checked the plugs under the side skirt and it ended up draining.. but there are quite a few threads on different forums about it as well.. quick search normally pulls them up

Yes, that is a problem. Fixing it ain't too hard though. What is happening is that water goes down in to where the back window goes down in to, and in this bit there are one or two drains... these drains on your car are filled up with sh*t, so the water is just filling up (so you can hear it sloshing around).

To fix it, remove the rear bins (including the top panels by the speakers, might have to take off the seatbelts too (easy enough), then undo and take out the entire rear panel (the rear window is fixed on to this). It'll take a bit of pulling to get it off, but it will come, you'll probs need someone to help you with this bit.

Take out the window panel, you'll see the water in there and the drains, clean these out thoroughly (run some water down them, and see if it comes out the bottom of the car), then put new sealant on the panel you took off, and install everything back on.

Check this topic on delsolownersclub.co.uk for pics n more details:

http://www.delsolown...hp?f=48&t=11050

Good luck!

Nice Seb. I live in the rainiest place on the planet so as much as I hope that ISN'T useful info for me, it might be at some point. Good lookin' out.

Archived