Rota 16" rim repaint and polish

Ok so I got a set of rims with my car when I bought it. They were 16" Rota Circuit 8's. Not exactly my choice of rims but they are ok while I save up for some SSR's or Mugens. I just got my car recently and havent gotten to do much to it yet. Im waiting till tax time to really hit it hard. All Ive really done so far was these rims. Everything else on the car came as is. Im just asking peoples opinion on the workmanship on the rims, not hate mail on the brand. Like I said, they cam with the car.

start.jpg

how they looked in the beginning

lastprime.jpg

primed

painted2.jpg

painted

IMG_0078.jpg

finished and installed

engine.jpg

yes, the nos sticker came on the valve cover when i got the car

why didnt you just take it to a repair shop and have them fix the lips on the rim, and why only 3 lugs?

That more stuff I have to replace. I didn't have them repaired because im going to buy a set of Mugens within the next few weeks. I just gotta wait till pay day to replace all 16 of the lug nuts. They are Rota rims so they aren't worth putting a whole lot of money into.

guess im just anal, i mean i know the shop i use woulda charged me 20 to repair the lip on that rim.

I usually am too. But i have a set of mugen mf8's that ill be picking up soon so ill just roll on these for a week or so. For $3000 its not a bad pick up.

Nice..

Now you've got legit and knockoff versions of the same rim.

Thnx. I like the style of the rotas but I want to official ones. I got some Mugen center caps yesterday, but was later informed that they were fake. So, I canceled the order and ordered some official Mugen cone centers.

Thnx. I like the style of the rotas but I want to official ones. I got some Mugen center caps yesterday, but was later informed that they were fake. So, I canceled the order and ordered some official Mugen cone centers.

The Rota's are styled off the Mugens..

WAT

not too bad.. but i would have got MF10's or done some work to the car first

I was going to but like i said, the rota's were really jacked up from the previous owners hitting curbs. Plus the mugens were a deal that I couldnt pass on. I already have a b16 so the motor runs strong. just need to swap out old parts for newer quality parts and tuck some of the wiring. Ill get to the body in good time. Ive got some parts picked out that im saving for right now. Im still trying to find a BYS front bumper for it right now though.

meh.. i still say power > style.. but i probally would have went ahead and got the mugens as well.. but i would just turn around and sell them for a grip more than i got them for, made that money and put it into the car..

hell my car is done now (well in 3 weeks).. now all i need to do is buy pretty stuff so it can be mag quality :)

i love it.. i just took it to the shop yesterday so the build will be done finally.. it was a blast with 165whp, now ill see how fun it is with 500 LOL!!

but those three choices will probally be your best bet for autocross, the crx would probally be the best since its so light.. a mildly built b series, some damn good suspension work, and some nice BFgoodrich radials and it would be beastly

i love it.. i just took it to the shop yesterday so the build will be done finally.. it was a blast with 165whp, now ill see how fun it is with 500 LOL!!

but those three choices will probally be your best bet for autocross, the crx would probally be the best since its so light.. a mildly built b series, some damn good suspension work, and some nice BFgoodrich radials and it would be beastly

i found a nice crx SI for 1000. it only needs a starter thrown in. The paint looks like crap but I may end up getting rid of my ej6 shell to fund the built and swap the b16 over. I wanna keep it clean cuz itll be my daily.

Archived