Honda Del Sol Engine Swap

Casper1316

Hey guys. New to this whole site and wanted some opinions. I just bought a 93 Del Sol and wanted to some advice.

It's completely stock with some miles on it. I was looking to swap out the engine for something with a bit more power.

At first I was considering a B16 but, now I have my eyes on some sort of a B18. I'm thinking of leaving it just completely stock besides and engine swap.

Any tips or advice?

Also I'd like it to be smog legal considering I'm in California and we all know how dam strict the smog laws are here.

Both are really good swaps honestly...but if you still might be thinking to go with a b16.....just do a mini me swap with the b18 bottom end and b16 head

I was thinkin the same. Idk yet though. Still likin the B18C1.

Both are really good swaps honestly...but if you still might be thinking to go with a b16.....just do a mini me swap with the b18 bottom end and b16 head

he's looking at a B18C1 (GSR) not a B18B (LS).. already has vtec and a LS b18B with a B16A head isnt called a mini me, that would be a D15 with a D16 head... B18B with B16A head is a LSvtec aka frankenstine

id go with the b18, they respond to mods alot better and have a little more power/torque stock.. as for cali emissions.. you're going to have to get barred to make it legal sooo you'll need everything either stock or carb legal on the engine and it has to look like it came stock in the car, no misc wires or anything.. has to look factory.. you'll more than likely get turned around a few times by the ref but just keep fixing the faults the ref finds and keep going back and you'll eventually get barred.. OOORRR you can have a shop do it to where itll get barred first time but thatll cost you some money..

he's looking at a B18C1 (GSR) not a B18B (LS).. already has vtec and a LS b18B with a B16A head isnt called a mini me, that would be a D15 with a D16 head... B18B with B16A head is a LSvtec aka frankenstine

id go with the b18, they respond to mods alot better and have a little more power/torque stock.. as for cali emissions.. you're going to have to get barred to make it legal sooo you'll need everything either stock or carb legal on the engine and it has to look like it came stock in the car, no misc wires or anything.. has to look factory.. you'll more than likely get turned around a few times by the ref but just keep fixing the faults the ref finds and keep going back and you'll eventually get barred.. OOORRR you can have a shop do it to where itll get barred first time but thatll cost you some money..

Just going bone stock. Only want an engine swap. No mods or anything. For now that is. Decided I'm going B18C1.

Anyone know of any smog legal engine swap shops in Cali??? Found one but not so sure of it.

Looking to spend nothin over 5k.

B series = win

Definitely.

• 4 weeks later...

where in cali are you?

Sacramento :)

Sorry haven't been on here in a while.

Switched out the D15 for a B18C5. Got from a friend who wrecked his teg unfortunately.

Runs like a beast though.

Archived