Dodge Viper Comeback

SURE if the stylists/designers don't get too stupid with the straight edge. Towards the end the Viper lost its curves and became more angular ala the VW designed Lamborghinis. Maybe it is because I am an old freak but I do like curves in some cars, like the Porsche and the Cayman model in particular. I like the old style wedges too like the Fiat X1/9 but more so the DeTomaso Pantera. But yes by all means bring it back and for me if I could afford it the coupe is my favorite body style of the two.

i say no...

not a viper fan, for the money you would pay for one you could make a track car that would be soo much quicker..

actually sport compact car magazine did that in a issue last year.. got a evo that had as much money as it would cost to buy a viper in it and it ran alot faster than a viper around a track.. i say the car is just a waste of money, they should just retire the car IMO..

you shuddup jake you fagbag lol

i still say retire it.. itll never look as good as the earlier models.. itll just keep gettin uglier and uglier.. they should just stop while theyre ahead..

and yes jake that does go for any supercar now a days.. but a viper is not a supercar.. its just a fast car, nowhere near a supercar at all..

• 2 weeks later...

as far as i remember, the viper ACR is the fastest production car (on the track). I remember hearing about it holding the fastest track time in the nurburgring, beating that of the GTR, ZR-1, and any of the lambo's and ferrari's out there. Correct me if I'm wrong, of course.

• 2 weeks later...

The new engine sounds sexy. I think they need to completely make over the viper or have a 20th anniversary viper in 2012 that looks the the first one. I do love the 3rd gen. Viper though. Maybe it's just because it was more around the time I really got into cars. Or just because it is a beautiful car.

Archived