Incoming Noob

michaelnguyen

Oh boy. This is something we all have to learn at some point. I\H\E will only net you say 10HP if you are lucky. What you are really doing is changing the powerband. Meaning changing where you make your peak power. As SSR would call it your asss dyno will let you feel the change, and you will think it is way more dramatic than it really is. It will sound better, it will accelerate better, perhaps effect your mileage. How ever in actual HP #'s you will see little change.

I see,well atleast you get some horses off the parts,every little bit counts.

All these parts together would cost me around 600? Correct me if im wrong

Hi, im 14 and i just recently got into cars a few months ago,im not sure what kind of car im getting yet,maybe an s14/integra/civic. My brother told me i could learn more on forums , than reading magazines(hondaforums is the first forums i've ever joined so ima noob in starting topics and stuff also) ..So basically im here to learn, i don't have a car yet, but my bro has a Acura integra gsr, i love to be in shotgun, because it gives me alot of adrenaline when we race on the streets =).

Engines,ecu,intakes,exhaust,brakiing,headers,cams,suspension ,and all thaat good stuff/ mods. I'm a real big noob, but ill catch on sooner or later.

Will anyone be so kind to post any information about cars/their mechanics , it would be greatly appreciated. also websites i could go on to gather information would be great too =).

Thanks,

Street Racing Is Gay!!!!

I see,well atleast you get some horses off the parts,every little bit counts.

All these parts together would cost me around 600? Correct me if im wrong

It can be done for $600.00, I am doing $240.00 from header to tip custom made (supplied own cat $45.00 shipped), then $135ish for header, then CAI will be about $55.00 with a K&N filter.

• 2 weeks later...

It can be done for $600.00, I am doing $240.00 from header to tip custom made (supplied own cat $45.00 shipped), then $135ish for header, then CAI will be about $55.00 with a K&N filter.

WOW,i have alot to learn. i need to learn about basic car parts.

So $240 just for the header?

Do you know a Alexander, in Simi Valley?laugh.gif

First off welcome to the site. Secondly let me give you a few pointers. Do not mention street racing, does not go over well over the forum, try not tpo revive topics that are over 30 days old, people are anal about that one.wacko.gif If you have a question try the search function, if you cant find the answers you are looking for, by all means post up a thread. Try not to take stuff too personal, because some one will find a fault no matter the question or the way you spell it!tongue.gif If you want to ask something PM's are a good way to do it as well!

very well put sir

Thanks alot for the heads up ,and why doesn't street racing go over well im curious? xD

Well if you kill yourself we dont care (your family probably will.. we might if we actually ever found out).. but living in a place that is populated you have other people to worry about.. if you are doing 80 in a 40 someone may pull out and then BAM.. you kill someones mom/dad/sister/brother/kid etc.. or at least cause serious damage.. THEN you have the police/fire fighters/EMT's on the side of the road out in the open to get hit by a looksie loo or a drunk (my boyfriend is a firefighter and EMT.. you'd be surprised how much this happens)

Not to mention if you want to learn REAL racing.. take it to a track.. learning to properly launch at a light at a drag strip takes more skill then jumping someone on the street.. want to learn control of your car? take it to an autocross

and dont they CRUSH your car if your caught street racing (and please dont think cops cant catch a 16 yr old who just got their license).. here you lose your license.. lose your car.. tickets out the ass.. and you f'd on a good job or schlorship for college because your driving record sucks ass and have a possible felony or just some bad charge

haha its your own opinion man. I personally sort of like it

and your 14 so ill let that slide

lol @ ben

and you can get an ebay header if you want.. there are threads on other sites comparing $500 headers and manifolds to the cheap ebay ones and they are basically the same damn thing (just be smart about which one you get)

WOW,i have alot to learn. i need to learn about basic car parts.

So $240 just for the header?

$240 is for piping from cat, resonator, muffler, tip, and hangers. Header is $135ish.

Archived