gsr vs typr-r

easiest way to tell the difference between these two engines,

i got a engine matched with a tranny and the engine code just says b18c

ive read that some jdm motors dont have the last digit on them?

i believe the tranny has the LSD too soooo....

Type R is B18c5. It could be JDM, shouldn't the last owner know that? There might also be ECU codes stamped all around it. Like on my H22 the P13 ECU, the "P13" is stamped all over the place. That could tell you the motor too. For the trans, find the trans code and tell us. Should be in front and easy to access/see.

Type R is B18c5. It could be JDM, shouldn't the last owner know that? There might also be ECU codes stamped all around it. Like on my H22 the P13 ECU, the "P13" is stamped all over the place. That could tell you the motor too. For the trans, find the trans code and tell us. Should be in front and easy to access/see.

last owner was kinda of a redneck/hick/nobody that im pretty sure he might have stolen the engine (funny story behind that) , i dont have the right ecu for it so thats kinda of a lost cause.. ill try to see if i can get the tranny code for you, but i dont have it near me right now, so your gonna have to wait.

so if its jdm like i thought... would it be their version of the type-r or what?

last owner was kinda of a redneck/hick/nobody that im pretty sure he might have stolen the engine (funny story behind that) , i dont have the right ecu for it so thats kinda of a lost cause.. ill try to see if i can get the tranny code for you, but i dont have it near me right now, so your gonna have to wait.

so if its jdm like i thought... would it be their version of the type-r or what?

It could....or it could be from a GSR, I dunno. And not having the ECU doesn't matter, the stamp should be over other stuff like the head of the motor and the intake manifold, among places.

I'd assume Type R. USDM Type R at least SPECIFIES what it is.

Though Rob had a JDM Gsr motor and it had the exact same engine code..

hahaha now you know why im so confused with this... because im mostly sure that its JDM i dont really know exactly what it is... and what im really trying to find out what the compression ratio is of my exact motor... i know its still high because of it either being a gsr or type-r but im trying to find a safe amount of boost to run on it later down the road.

hahaha now you know why im so confused with this... because im mostly sure that its JDM i dont really know exactly what it is... and what im really trying to find out what the compression ratio is of my exact motor... i know its still high because of it either being a gsr or type-r but im trying to find a safe amount of boost to run on it later down the road.

im not sure about the engine... but if youre trying to find out if your tranny has lsd heres an easy way to find out

lift your car up and roll the wheel with your hand... both tires should move.. or something like that.... thats how my buddy tested his out...

somewhat i cant remember how he did it exactly but ill ask

JDM type R = red valve cover

JDM SiR-G (jdm gsr) = black valve cover

tranny codes are as follows::

GSR or SiR-G = Y80

Type R = S80

hope this helps :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived