interesting trade offer

hiemsnox

ok so heres my story in a nut shell..

I own a 95 del sol si automatic

bought a 94 si manual because i wanted a manual

plan was to get a loan for the 94 and sell the 95 to cover the loan once i sold it, basically putting myself back at ground zero

so things have been going really slow lately trying to get the 95 sold, well yesterday i started talking with this guy that wants to get a fuel efficient car that his wife can also drive.... makes sense cause its a auto... either way

guy is wanting to trade his 2002 red acura rsx type-s with 135,000 miles on it... catcher is that i have to take over the rest of the auto loan on it ... $3500 dollars

so technically i could sell my new to me 94 and pay off the loan, and then trade the 95 for the rsx... only downside is that i would have to then have a loan that i dont have any equity to instantly pay it off with.

so i just want to see what you guys think.... would you do it, do you think its a scam?(guy gave me the dealership number to talk to them about it)... should i just keep with the del sol crowd?

I have always been a fan of newer cars...(ive never owned one)

please feel free to post any opinion on this subject

new cars are awesome, but you cant find a buyer for the 95, do you think you can find a buyer for the 94? plus, either way you'll still owe. id tell him no personally, but ultimately its up to you.

new cars are awesome, but you cant find a buyer for the 95, do you think you can find a buyer for the 94? plus, either way you'll still owe. id tell him no personally, but ultimately its up to you.

ya im not a big fan of owing money.... granted ive been doing it for the past 5 years....

my only reason that i think i could sell the 94 easier is cause one of the main reasons that no one would buy the 95 is cause its a auto... seriously i lost so many buyers because they all called and were like "its a manual right?.... no its not?.... ok nevermind, sorry"

.....seriously story of my life... no one wants a automatic honda.

thanks for replying though... i really want to hear every point of view, so that i dont miss any.

i would do it. hell if your gonna be in debt either way i would at least go in debt for a kick ass car

Wrong answer.

Debt is never the right answer, especially if you have alternate options without debt.

If you really, absolutely wanted his car do not take over payments under any circumstances. No telling how behind he is or what screwball financing he got on it. Get your own financing, go with him to his bank, give him the check, he deposits it, you walk home with the title.

new update.... the guy failed to mention that he also wanted cash on top of the trade.... yea... ill be passing this one up lol

thanks for the input guys... if u want i can post the pics he sent me

i wouldnt have done it either.. sure theyre decently quick stock.. but i dont like that model.. they newer model is tits but that one just doesnt look right IMO..

id much rather have my sol than that rsx.. mainly because i can beat one of them :laugh:

nooo, thats joes job kind sir

JOE MOMMA!!!!

Archived