Threw a rod yesterday - what to do?

I have a 1999 Civic EX Coupe, Automatic Transmission, I threw a rod through the oil pan yesterday while driving down the highway. I have about 144k miles on the car, original engine. I accidentally flooded the engine a couple years ago when I hit a large puddle and sucked water through the cold air intake like a straw. Amazingly after getting all the water out, the only issue was blown ceramics on the spark plugs. It's run great up until yesterday, that incident must have weakened a rod. Anyway, trying to figure out what to do from here. Should I buy a JDM engine? I've been searching around on the internet and despite what I'm reading about them being plentiful and cheap, I'm having a hard time finding one. I was considering going to a B16A2, but I think it might be more work and money than I can afford to spend right now. I'd like to stay under $2k when all is said and done. Thanks!

Thanks for the advice! I've decided not to go with a larger engine due to cost... I'm also uneasy about putting in a used motor with over 100k miles on it, so I'm thinking about parting my car out and finding something cheap until I can afford something nicer. If anyone needs some stock or aftermarket 99 Civic Ex Coupe parts let me know. White exterior and gray cloth interior - excellent condition... I can post a picture of anything you might be interested in.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived