Battery Continues to Fail

j.rust_90crx

OK so i don't know whats going on with my car, first of all i just bought a new battery for my CRX because the battery light keeps coming on after a few minutes of the car being turned on. so i went out and bought a new battery but that wasn't the problem, i was driving for about 10 min then the light came back on, i had my altinator checked at auto zone so i know it isn't my altinator. What happens when my batterie light comes on is: the battery light flickers on and off, after a while it stays on, once that happens the wind shield whipers get really slow and all my lights start to fade on my dash, then my car dies. So i bought a new battery and got the altinator checked, what else may be my problem? In need of some seriouse help, need my car so i can get to work. THANKS everyone for your time and effort. let me know whats up!

If you have already replaced the battery and the alternator - double check, tripple check the cables as the above poster mentioned. They may look ok, however you need to confirm it either by using volt meter or remove the cables where they are being connected and make sure the 'ground' is ok. Rust is usually another culprit on older model vehicles.

• 4 weeks later...

If you have already replaced the battery and the alternator - double check, tripple check the cables as the above poster mentioned. They may look ok, however you need to confirm it either by using volt meter or remove the cables where they are being connected and make sure the 'ground' is ok. Rust is usually another culprit on older model vehicles.

You may also have a several small shorts as a result of multiple wires being old. Check for shorts between the alternator and fuse boxes and in the fuse boxes themselves.

autozones test equipment really sucks tho man, ive brought a few alts in there i was unsure of, and more than once have been hosed by a bad alt they said was good. What you really need to do is get a multi meter, check the ampreage your alt is putting out, and see if its enough to charge your battery.

Archived