Airbags went off and car wont start.

AllBoost

ok so i have basically rebuilt the whole front end of my friends 92 d15 honda civic hatch. when i turn the key the car dosent even try to turn over. starter is not even turning. i am trying to figure out if there is some sort of relay that is the airbags go off it will not let the car start. is there anyway of resetting such a relay. otherwise the car should start with no problems and i cant figure out why it wont even try to turn over. i cant find anything.

sounds like a main engine ground to be honest. Is the fuel pump priming? Have you tried to manualy start the car (using a jumper wire on the starter, or push starting it?) Can you hear the main relay engaging?

I've heard of vehicles having a fuel cutout that is often tripped during an accident. But no fuel doesn't seem to be your problem, correct?

ok well i didnt listen for the fuel system and i didnt think of that. i will go listen for the pump to prime. everything on the interior lighting comes on but the car simply wont turn over. im going to try and use a jumper cable to the starter and see if that works. but i dont remember the fuel system priming. where is the main ground cable at. i dont remember seeing one under the hood.

sounds like a main engine ground to be honest. Is the fuel pump priming? Have you tried to manualy start the car (using a jumper wire on the starter, or push starting it?) Can you hear the main relay engaging?

yes i do hear the click of the main relay engaging but the car is not doing anything. i will check the fuse box for any blown fuses but i dont see any of them bad.

The ground is right on the top of the engine. It is a cable from the valve cover to the chassis.

ok i didnt know that was what your guys reffered to as the main ground. well i def found the problem. i was going to try and put a jumper cable on the starter and and connect it to the battery when i noticed the relay for the start (may have been the ground i dont know) was unplugged. lol plugged it back in and sha blam. started up. you guys are going to have to cut me some slack on hondas. i havn't owned a honda in like 2 years and i had a 99 si so this was a bit out of my knowledge field. i will have a whole build thread posted up soon.

Archived