Headliner help

Shanebot90

My headliner is horrible, it's falling down, parts of it get into my eyes if they decide to disintegrate, and it just looks horrible. I need a fix. Anyone have any idea on how troublesome it is to replace the headliner in an EX? i was thinking of buying some dark suede and just making my own, but that would be a bitch with all the measurements for the dome lights, sunroof, and visors and such. Is there an easy way to take the things off completely, if that's even possible?

Very easy to take off. Just remove the dome light, o-crap bars, probably a pilars, etc. then it pulls off.

tear off the fabric, and get a big sheet of suede. get a good spray adhesive and take your time.

right simple to do, replaced the headliner in my dakota not that long ago. Wouldnt go with suede tho, id get an actual foam backed headliner material. I think to do the dakota it cost me about 40 bucks. but the nice thing about the foam backed material is it actually cuts down on a little sound and adds a little insulation. But while you have the headliner out you might as well put some sound deadener on the roof :)

THREAD JACK, since we are on the subject... I bet a dollar my headliner is worse.

Anyone have a suggestion on what to do with this:

DSCF0078.jpg

PO installed an aftermarket moonroof and when the car was repossessed the lid was popped just a hair. Car sat for two years with the lid open a smidge and there is no headliner now, what wasn't disintegrated was covered in green and black mold.

In a sedan the only way to remove and install a headliner in one piece is through the trunk. Trouble with that is you have to dismantle half the interior to get the headliner loose, then take out the back seats and plastics to slide it out the back. I'm not too thrilled about spending 4 hours at the junk yard anytime soon.

yeah i would have had to take the windshield out of my dakota to take the headliner out in 1 pc, so what i did was cut it in 1/2 and wrapped each part seperately. when it went back in i just installed it normaly and it has worked fine ever since. now rember to cut it in half where the front seats end, or do it where the dome light is.

that was what i was worried about... getting the headliner OUT of the car... It's going to be a project for a nice day off. I still have yet to find any nice fabrics that i'd like to use for my interior.

Because the doors are so much larger the hatch and coupe civic is 1000000 times easier since you can slide it out through the door.

You still takes a lot of effort but you don't have to take out your back seats to do it.

Archived