ghetto rigged short ram :>)

REDBULLx69

024.jpg

yes the tube is green and the filter is red. LOL. i was bored so me and my friend rigged it up and then we decided to paint the tube green haha :) its an 05 civic LX

it still has the stock filter box, but we just took out the intake box and cut some old off the shelf intake i had laying around in half and shoved that in there with a million extension peices. it works though, no problems and sounds real good.

can u say inhalation of hot air? lol

why does it matter if it is?

My short ram is a "hot air intake" and it gets better gas mileage and better sound than any stupid cold air.

cold air intakes look stupid anyways. Notice all the big named, expensive intakes that are worth a crap are short rams, also.

why does it matter if it is?

My short ram is a "hot air intake" and it gets better gas mileage and better sound than any stupid cold air.

cold air intakes look stupid anyways. Notice all the big named, expensive intakes that are worth a crap are short rams, also.

damn dont get butthurt lol

yea it works great :) but i def dont notice any power at all...probly cause its goin from a cylinder tube to a freaken box haha im just too cheap right now to buy a short ram, so i used what spare parts i had to rig up a free one :thumbsup:

i did have a cone filter just stuck on there before, but it was directly behind the engine which would have been nothing but 1000 degree air...so i didnt like that idea much

damn dont get butthurt lol

sorry, my girlfriend's brother is a retard and i just had the same conversation with him and a few of his dumb friends about my intake.

yea it works great :) but i def dont notice any power at all...probly cause its goin from a cylinder tube to a freaken box haha im just too cheap right now to buy a short ram, so i used what spare parts i had to rig up a free one :thumbsup:

i did have a cone filter just stuck on there before, but it was directly behind the engine which would have been nothing but 1000 degree air...so i didnt like that idea much

the air behind the engine at 20 mph speeds are about 130 degrees.

sorry, my girlfriend's brother is a retard and i just had the same conversation with him and a few of his dumb friends about my intake.

the air behind the engine at 20 mph speeds are about 130 degrees.

ah i see, its all good lol

Fits perfect, works good, no box, whats not to like?:thumbsup:

when it gets sucked into the TB lol

i dont notice a difference in anything...but it makes the engine louder and sounds real good :thumbsup: and i like when you hit the gas and hear the cone filter suck in air. kinda sounds like a turbo but opposite...and not as loud. but cool tho :happy:

i also hear you need one if your gona add boost so the engine and breath better. i had an aem short ram and apexi n1 catback on my older civic and i noticed a little bit of power difference when i took the intake out after running with both the intake and cat for a while. and it was automatic :thumbsup: so i guess with intake power it depends on what else you have

...but it makes the engine louder and sounds real good :thumbsup: and i like when you hit the gas and hear the cone filter suck in air. kinda sounds like a turbo but opposite...and not as loud. but cool tho :happy:

SiskoAnimated.gif

haha just dont let everyone know how cool you think that is.

i think its cool..... :( lol if its under the hood idc what it looks like or how its put together as long as it works its fine with me :thumbsup: and come on who has a completely trashed rigged short ram with a green tube and red filter sides me :happy:

• 2 weeks later...

Ha nice color match it to your car for more horsepower! lol I just took my cold air and turned it into short ram I like to autocross so throttle response is key. I vote for short ram in 09. haha

:thumbsup: Better acceleration, snappier throttle response! Fairly clean looking! :D Although my f@#$ing camera never gets the true green of VC! :dry:

HPIM2378.jpg

someone did this on d-series and said their map reading where all fubar, his cone didn't have a velocity stack though.

Archived