Engine swapped but runs like crap

j_feze

put an engine(1.6 SOHC VTEC) out of a 95 civic in my 93 Sol. it wont go over 3 grand. its acting like the rev limiter is kicking in. plus its running really rough. i think the timing could be off or the guy who installed it got some plug wires backasswards. Any Ideas???

intake was switched over from the old motor to the new one so the Map sensor is off the old motor. talked to a couple people. they said it could be the Catalytic Converters clogged or the distributor is bad but its off the old motor also and worked fine before the swap.

MAP sensor

get the map off your old motor and swap them

(assuming you had a vtec motor originally and have the same ECU)

Figured it out!!! it was just a loose wiring harness on my injector. thanks for all the help!!

its always the simple things

Indeed, spark plug wires plugged in wrong, battery terminal a bit loose, VTEC left unplugged... Last one is the only one I've pulled, first two were things I had to fix on cars at school. >_<

i for some dumb reason always think people checked the wiring and the other obvious stuff in a swap

Because it's common sense. On the other hand, in the hours of work put into it, people get tired and bored. That's when the mistakes happen.

Archived