Question about engine converstion

Blasianteen

i could put half the money of just buying the motor into my d and have more power...

i see what your saying but speaking its going to be his first quick/fast car.. and hes only 16.. he may not want to spend 6k+ lol (6k is an guesstimate for leaving it all stock but doing it the right way with the right kits)

I have been thinking alot about this in the best couple of days and the only real issue i have is how well is the K series

engine going to fit in the Del Sol, or am I going to have to make alot of space for it? I am very aware that I will have

to make an engine mount for it. but am I going to have to cut away anything?

And just btw, I am still leaning towards the b series , but I have alot of time to think about it so I am just trying to get facts down ?

O, and btw, What type of B series would be best?

making motor mounts :nono:

get them from hasport, they have warranty :thumbsup:

as for the B series.. it really depeneds on what you want... boost or N/A.. are you going to drag it or track it? if you have money i say order a B18C1 longblock from hmo and a B16B tranny from hmo that way you have decent power and you have a quick geared tranny with LSD.. sarah is right though, ill tell you GSR because i have one and love it and same with people that have B16's.. and not so much about the B20's.. B20's are good power plants but if you want to boost youll need a resleeve asap, thin cylinder walls FTL!

h22 is always an option.. has the same power as a k with less money

H22's are good.. but if you get one i say H2B tanny conversion... h series trannys arent the best but do make good power

Your last post shows that you need to do a lot of reading. Get on google and start searching. You need to do research for yourself. This will benifit you! Gather your own info and come up with a plan then ask questions , you will get answers. However you need to put your own time into research otherwise you seem lazy.

ummmmm... thats the thing though, I really dont have time to do legit research because I have work 7 days a week 10 hours a day, I am so determine to get a Del Sol, you have no idea

Also, I was planing on turbo charging it.

as for the B series.. it really depeneds on what you want... boost or N/A.. are you going to drag it or track it? if you have money i say order a B18C1 longblock from hmo and a B16B tranny from hmo that way you have decent power and you have a quick geared tranny with LSD.. sarah is right though, ill tell you GSR because i have one and love it and same with people that have B16's.. and not so much about the B20's.. B20's are good power plants but if you want to boost youll need a resleeve asap, thin cylinder walls FTL!

I was hopefully aiming for something in between :/, you know good on track, but can also do a quick straight away, and I am very aware of how suspension plays a huge roll in that

i could put half the money of just buying the motor into my d and have more power...

i see what your saying but speaking its going to be his first quick/fast car.. and hes only 16.. he may not want to spend 6k+ lol (6k is an guesstimate for leaving it all stock but doing it the right way with the right kits)

And shoot, when you talk about this being my first fast car.... its an understatement, the solara at worth anything, its to heavy and its an auto tranny ( which I hate ) and goes 0-60 in 12 sec, so, I even think a stock del Sol, would thrill me comparing to my current car. I really want to get the best amount of power with a reasonable price. I mean I am working 10 hours a day, 7 days a week, just to get the car. then I have to save up a little more for registration, taxes, inspection, and insurance. so I hope you all can understand my delema here hahhaha XP

well what type of racing are you going to be doing the most? if its mostly autocross, a supercharger may be more beneficial than a turbo because you wont have to wait for it to spool up, you just get instant power.

i have not

O well it is apparently some super charger that gives twice as much the hp as a turbo charger but because its a supercharger/ the way it was built, almost no heat dispersion at all

like this http://www.kraftwerksusa.com/product-detai...hp?productId=58

and I was thinking about this if I get the B18C

http://www.kraftwerksusa.com/product-detai...hp?productId=49

or this http://www.kraftwerksusa.com/product-detai...hp?productId=57

and this if I get the k20Z1 series http://www.kraftwerksusa.com/product-detai...hp?productId=43

because according to this, it can give up to 500 hp. now my questions is that the 210 hp stock K plus 500hp, or 500 all together. because if its plus 500, 710 hp is alot 0_0, I dont even think I could shift that fast.

someone please tell me there is such thing as to much hp if I want to do autocross and drag, because if there isnt, I think I found my winner on what I want to do

there is too much hp for a car

dragstrip: too much hp in a front wheel drive will lead to wheel hop which will hurt your time.. you can kind of fix it with suspension but it will always be an issue

autocross/road course: a miata can beat a corvette in an autocross.. same with a road race.. its more about skill then who has the most hp.. and if you have too much hp it could be problamatic.. example: if you have a HUGE turbo.. sure you have power.. but how long is it taking to spool??

oh and when you get a car a header will say it adds 15 hp.. a cold air will say 10 hp.. something else says 25 hp.. when you go get it tuned it wont add up to hp.. it may only add up to 20 something.. its not about having the most parts that say they add the most hp its about having the best setup with the parts that work best together

i think a turbo b would be good for you.. and you wouldnt have to work AS much.. you want a turbo k.. you'll be working until you earn 10k+.. turbo b.. idk.. about 5k if you want to do internals and all that like you should

if YOU really want to spend that much on a high hp k del sol.. go ahead.. but the high hp FWD cars i've seen at the dragstrip get beat by slower cars all the time because they can't get their wheel hop to go away and then they pop out of gear all the time.. hell my almost stock d series will pop out of gear if the track is prepped a certain way

a turbo b will be a lot more reliable and easier to drive.. and cheaper.. and pretty damn quick (assuming you do it correctly)

there is too much hp for a car

dragstrip: too much hp in a front wheel drive will lead to wheel hop which will hurt your time.. you can kind of fix it with suspension but it will always be an issue

autocross/road course: a miata can beat a corvette in an autocross.. same with a road race.. its more about skill then who has the most hp.. and if you have too much hp it could be problamatic.. example: if you have a HUGE turbo.. sure you have power.. but how long is it taking to spool??

oh and when you get a car a header will say it adds 15 hp.. a cold air will say 10 hp.. something else says 25 hp.. when you go get it tuned it wont add up to hp.. it may only add up to 20 something.. its not about having the most parts that say they add the most hp its about having the best setup with the parts that work best together

i think a turbo b would be good for you.. and you wouldnt have to work AS much.. you want a turbo k.. you'll be working until you earn 10k+.. turbo b.. idk.. about 5k if you want to do internals and all that like you should

if YOU really want to spend that much on a high hp k del sol.. go ahead.. but the high hp FWD cars i've seen at the dragstrip get beat by slower cars all the time because they can't get their wheel hop to go away and then they pop out of gear all the time.. hell my almost stock d series will pop out of gear if the track is prepped a certain way

a turbo b will be a lot more reliable and easier to drive.. and cheaper.. and pretty damn quick (assuming you do it correctly)

ok, so as my first "real" car, a turbo b seems like a reasonable option both power an money wise. I see now. it also seems easier to do a swap.

now, about turbos XP hahaha

any companies that come to mind?

i say order a B18C1 longblock from hmo and a B16B tranny from hmo that way you have decent power and you have a quick geared tranny with LSD

now if I get the B18C1 longblock, why switch the tranny to the B16B?

as for the b questions im not confident enough in b series specifics but im sure someone can answer or you can look it up.. i want to say the b16 tranny's gearing is just better

i know a guy with a h in his hatch.. should be running pretty good but last time we were at the track he couldn't get traction so he wasn't running well at all

but yes if you do a h22 you really should do the h2b tranny thing... almost everyone does it and its because its better

• 2 weeks later...
as for the b questions im not confident enough in b series specifics but im sure someone can answer or you can look it up.. i want to say the b16 tranny's gearing is just better

i know a guy with a h in his hatch.. should be running pretty good but last time we were at the track he couldn't get traction so he wasn't running well at all

but yes if you do a h22 you really should do the h2b tranny thing... almost everyone does it and its because its better

youre right sarah, the B16 is geared quicker.. not so great on top end but thats why you get a gsr 4th and a ls 5th gear.. makes it quick and still have some top end left on it.. and why i say you should get a GSR is because its labeled as the "poor mans type R" they make decent power and you can slap a turbo on there without messing with your internals right away (just low psi, not like a huge GT35R turbo)

i say got for either GSR (b18c1) with a CTR tranny (B16B) with GSR 4th gear and LS 5th gear or an H22A with H2B kit and with a integra SiR-G tranny (JDM GSR *comes with LSD*)

Archived