Resurrecting an old beauty...

Generic Username

Hey, I'm so totally new and I'm a girl so dudes please be nice and patient with me.

My name is Louzee and I'm from Houston and I don't own a Honda YET, but listen up.

My boyfriend has this bad ass S2000 from waaaayyy back in the day and it's sitting in his garage with no motor, no seats, etc. however, this was no regular S2000. This used to be a very, VERY fast race car sporting a spiffy turbo manifold etc. Now, I've heard the stories and seen the dynos and let me tell you that it is almost brain numbing to hear the "God, I wish I had her back" or "Man, those were the days" So what I'm getting at, is that he really misses the car and I'm jealous. BUT, that's not all. While he's lusting for this old flame, he actually has a 1971 Datsun 240Z that is slowly taking shape that I know will become his go to gal. SOOO....

I come here to ask for help and advice because I want this S2000 to be mine!!! I think it'll be cool. He's moving on with a hot rod and I'm starting off with the very car that brought him a bit of fame.

In any case, I do a bit of Tig welding and I'm pretty proficient with basic power tool usage. I help my boyfriend build turbo manifolds and intake manifolds, but unfortunately I don't get paid for it. I'm taking this as an apprenticeship even if all I do is fetch him a soda. Heehee. Anyways, happy to be here and hope I can share something of value with y'all.

hey welcome to the forums and nice user name haha. you seem like you know what youre doing which is good and youre not a clueless first time driver asking how to tune their "V-TECH!!!"

post up some pics of that s2k, and dont be afraid to ask any questions. and if anyone asks you for noodz, dont worry :)

I'm actually not in my computer at this moment, but I'll post pictures of what it was before and what it looks like now tomorrow. It made me want to rip his head off when he did that. It's sitting in his garage and we're basically harvesting it for stuff we can stick in the Datsun. Like, his BuddyClub seats are already gone and he's planning to stick his old sound system and CD player in my Corolla while I'm in Vegas.

welcome to the forum, good to get some new people that know something about cars..

NOODZ please :happy:

oh yeah and pictures of the S2K :p

i have everyone beat

boyfriend has a old 240z with a chevy 350 in it and a '04 350z

brother in law has 2 or 3 old 280z's.. one with a rb25det.. at least one old 240... and i think he has one more.. he had a 240sx but sold it to his cousin

we like z cars around here

i have everyone beat

boyfriend has a old 240z with a chevy 350 in it and a '04 350z

brother in law has 2 or 3 old 280z's.. one with a rb25det.. at least one old 240... and i think he has one more.. he had a 240sx but sold it to his cousin

we like z cars around here

Are you freakin' serious? That's weird. My boyfriend's got a 350 small block in his Datsun, and my cousin once owned a Nissan 240SX. I'm Asian, therefore my cousins are Asian. And my boyfriend's white.

I would not speak too soon. The Datsun's not done but it was a 1971 with original everything....glass, tires, etc. He has a plan for it and I'll post pics soon.

my bf put lexsan stuff in replacement of all his windows.. then a hail storm put holes in the back.. oopsie lol

350 in a datsun is easy.. they make step by step manuals.. but if he needs to know how to wire something up and can't find an answer let me know.. im sure my bf knows it already since his is pretty much done.. he just doesnt drive it cause he got tired of it

Ya, But Brian Is right 100% of the time in his above statement.

Why the frack wouldn't you just buy a F'n Camaro, or Vette.

+ mothereffin 1, now go put some more stars on your solvic

Why the frack wouldn't you just buy a F'n Camaro, or Vette.

cause you would be like everyone else.. its cooler to put a ls1 in a miata.. and a sh!t load faster

+ mothereffin 1, now go put some more stars on your solvic

i fail to see how that is a good insult hahaha

cause you would be like everyone else.. its cooler to put a ls1 in a miata.. and a sh!t load faster

Cooler?

The only people that drive Miatas are lesbos and D1ck downers.

Plus why would you insult a Ls1 buy putting it in a miata? GM cant keep the lights on as it is.

well you COULD spend a couple grand on a stock 4.6 and run a 14 or 15 (assuming that all people cant afford 20k for 03 04 cobras or afford to buy a new vette etc)

or you can pick up a cheap light body and stick something powerful in it like a ls1 and be running a hell of lot better times

and i know quite a few miata owners and they are all pretty cool.. one is my physics professor who used to autocross

i mean why do SO many people race miatas??? yah they must really suck

sorry if I don't find the idea of spending thousands of dollars for something that is going to be just like the next camaro or mustang when I could have something original??

and if you guys knew a thing about 240z then you would realize its not slow.. actually i saw a race with a cobra.. not stock cobra.. get beat like it was nothing by a 240z with a STOCK 350 in it

this is why hondas owners have bad names.. we stopped and helped a sr20 240 the other day and he said if a honda owner had tried to stop and help he would have said no.. because honda owners think anything domestic or non honda is stupid (not all of them.. but the ones who are closed minded to crap give everyone else a bad name)

well you COULD spend a couple grand on a stock 4.6 and run a 14 or 15 (assuming that all people cant afford 20k for 03 04 cobras or afford to buy a new vette etc)

or you can pick up a cheap light body and stick something powerful in it like a ls1 and be running a hell of lot better times

and i know quite a few miata owners and they are all pretty cool.. one is my physics professor who used to autocross

i mean why do SO many people race miatas??? yah they must really suck

sorry if I don't find the idea of spending thousands of dollars for something that is going to be just like the next camaro or mustang when I could have something original??

and if you guys knew a thing about 240z then you would realize its not slow.. actually i saw a race with a cobra.. not stock cobra.. get beat like it was nothing by a 240z with a STOCK 350 in it

this is why hondas owners have bad names.. we stopped and helped a sr20 240 the other day and he said if a honda owner had tried to stop and help he would have said no.. because honda owners think anything domestic or non honda is stupid (not all of them.. but the ones who are closed minded to crap give everyone else a bad name)

1.03-04 Cobras can run 10-11 second passes with little work. Plus a Cobra looks a whole lot better than a Miata will ever dream to be.*

2.A turbo can produce similar results with even less weight.

3.Homo Pedo?

4.Ya, But its still a Miata.

5.With 6,775,138,581 people in the world nothing is original.

6.If the 240 isn't slow, Why does it need a 350 to beat a mustang?

7.That is a generalization. Every car genre has its fanatics that don't give a two sh1ts about anything that is not what they like.

*Personal Opinion

1.03-04 Cobras can run 10-11 second passes with little work. Plus a Cobra looks a whole lot better than a Miata will ever dream to be.*

i said assuming that everyone CAN NOT afford a cobra

oh and i never said a 240z needed a 350 in it.. before the 350 swap my bf's ran a 14.4 with headers ac delete and an intake

Archived