H22

TrnsDoctr'sSol

well the main reason i joined was to ask this question. i have a 95 del sol with a d16z6 motor and i would like to know everything that would have to be done to the car for me to be able to drive it out the driveway with a H22 under the hood. i've done alittle research but just need to ask people who know what they're doing.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hope you have the funding to do it

you need a motor and probably a b series tranny i belive.. and of course axles ecu wiring etc

if you dont have someone who can help you whos knows what they are doing I would consider taking it to a shop and getting a quote for them to do it

to drive out with a h22 youll need the ecu, most likly the mounts, axles, shift linkage, trans for the h22, probably a wiring harness, might have to rewire some crap kuz most h22 ares vtec. your gna spend a hefty amount of mons to do this swap i priced a h22 swap for my prelude with s/h and it would of costed me around $2500 ( with basically all brand new parts and that was from.

http://www.tigerautoparts.net/autoparts.ph...5&query=271

there are a couple other sites you can prob look at to find dif prices but this is 1 of the cheapest places i found for jdm stuff anyways

It's not that I don't know what I'm doing I'm completely capable I just want to make sure I wouldn't have to stop halfway through and be like "hmmmm I think I need that" come to find out what I need is more than I have.

ya thats basically all you need to get it out the driveway

but to be honest with you if you have the money and the time do to that kind of swap i would just buy a b18c1 out of a gsr. better for high rpms and alot of upgrades

i've also heard of a swap guide on the internet from ultimateswapguide.com or something like that. is there anyone has gotten this guide and is it worth it?

im mainly tring to find some one that has done this before because i've heard its a very tight fit and i would want to know what kind of axles, mounts, stuff like that

i've also heard of a swap guide on the internet from ultimateswapguide.com or something like that. is there anyone has gotten this guide and is it worth it?

im mainly tring to find some one that has done this before because i've heard its a very tight fit and i would want to know what kind of axles, mounts, stuff like that

well if you go jdm they make a custom mount to fit all jdm motors and they make a all jdm axel for it so to me jdm would be the way to go kuz they also sell a all jdm ecu, all jdm starter obd2 to obd1 wiring harness all sorts of stuff to make this kind of swap work with any car your gna put this in

i rly dont no if the lsd is better or not, i would hope so sense its allmost a 500-1k difference just from that

and a harness allows you to run multiple things at 1ce and keeps all the wires nice and clean so you dont have crap all hanging around potentially causing a electrical fire (basically keeps everything nice and neat and together).

you could check goodle or wikipedia might be able to tell you if its better or not but ya i dont no if it is or not, frankly id stick with a stock trans till you realy start pumpin out some solid numbers like 300+ but a h22 with a vtec only has what 200hp at like 6800rpm and i think 13xtrq at 4800rpm or some where around there

this is actually turning out to be cheaper than i thought .

i have the engine harness axles ecu mounts and shifter cable, is that everything id need minus the random tubes n such

oh very nice bro, but ya other than the trans and motor (if a vtec youll have to rewire some crap) but ya thats prty much it.

well i already have a vtec in it so would i still have to rewire stuff?

that i dont no you might have to look at a wiring diagram to see if all the wires are the same just to make sure google should have a diagram but other than that i dont no mayb put up a different post in the general topic and see if anyone knows if itll be the same or not

also double check the parts list to see if i got everything but im pretty sure thats all youll need to make it run and drivable (post the vtec question and parts list in the general discussions topic) i hope your swap goes good man and have fun with that h22a

im thinking about doin a h22a vtec or the b18c1 vtec w/e comes 1st will coo wit me

Archived