H22

TrnsDoctr'sSol

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
do you think there would be a clearence issue between my radiator with the stock exaust?

there shouldnt be any issues if there are either get a custom exhaust and or you can cut where your radiator sits and move it forward a bit and reweld it back on granted thats kinda gay but some people do it just so they can have w/e motor they bought in there car, but i dont think there should be any issue

heres a couple of sites you may wanna check out...

www.rywire.com - custom wiring harnesses for various swaps.

www.gatorracingaxles.com - custom axles to fit any tranny to any car.

www.quartersportsdrag.com - H2B adapter for hookin a H-series motor up to a B-series tranny.

also google around and read up... pretty sure you gotta shave off a good chunk off the back of block to get it to fit, dont plan on having A/C or P/S.

an h22 with a B-series tranny would be better for different reasons than you would think.. it just makes it easier to fit into the car basically. If you kept the H22 tranny the mounts would have to be altered, and make the engine sit a good 2 or 3 inches higher, would most likely bow your axles, and you wouldnt be able to shut your hood, or youd have to get a cowl hood. keepin a b-series tranny just makes it easier.. keeps the engine seated lower by being able to keep the stock mount locations. only reason i know this is cuz i was plannin on doin the same thing in my delsol, but i just dont have the money for it, so i scrapped the idea, but while i was thinkin about it, i did ALL sorts of research and lookin stuff up for the swap. And your gonna have stiffer springs up front, cuz the H22 weighs a good 80 pounds over any b or d series engines that come in civics/integras.. so try to find ways to cut down weight in the front of the car to make up for the added weight of the engine so it will drive reliably and predictably.

ok, i got the shocks already and they're crazy stiff and a carbon fiber hood too. if i get a b series trany do i have to get a different mount other than the h22 del sol mounts? and where do i get the axles for the best price?

check around Hasport and see the mounts they got.. and as for axles, if you go with the b-series tranny, youll need to find some integra axles from a 94+.. dont know where to find the cheapest ones, just google around, and call around to tranny shops and auto parts stores

ok so i talked to my cousin and he said if im gonna do a h22 swap i should just go to h23........

What's the difference?

0.1 liters

actually a lot of people prefer the h22... otherwise why would so many pull OUT the 23 of their prelude to put in a 22

besides one is usdm and one can be jdm

just because it is a bigger motor doesnt always mean its faster or has more potential

oh well just because its a smaller motor doesnt mean it will be better on gas

The inverse is also true, just because you have a bigger engine doesn't mean it will be worse on gas. The 2.3 liter engine in my dad's 2000 Accord sometimes beats my 1.6 on gas mileage.

And Doc, it's got a 12 gallon tank.

either way when im on E it takes like 9.98 or somthin stupid like that.. so i can see where you got 10 lol

I just use my trip odometer as my fuel gauge. I consider 330 miles to be my fuel light, haha.

wow thats almost as good as my dads durango which is 400 somethin to the tank

Well, considering the 2003 Durango has a 4.7 liter engine and a 25 gallon tank, that's not surprising. Actually, if I had the original engine... I'd probably hit 450 miles before running low. Fracking gas guzzling D16A....

Anyway, fuel tanks are usually matched to the mileage of the engine to get between 400 and 500 miles to the tank. Something about how they're tested...

haha yeah im glad they do that insted of put a little tank with a big engine.... that would piss me off quick!

btw its a 05 hemi lotta power :)

lotta guzzling too. I kinda miss the days when the Durango was a small SUV... That really didn't last long.

Archived