Radio says "Code" after installing SRI

irishson101

I just installed AEM SRI and in the process of that I unplugged my battery. Now my radio reads out "Code" and none of the buttons work when I turn it on. Anybody know what is going on or how to fix it? Thank you

The manual says the owner was given a card with the number on it. This doesn't help me though, because I bought the car used and after searching through everything that was provided with the car, I cannot find the code. Is there any other way to get the code or am I crap out of luck? Thanks for any help.

If the people were super nice they wrote the number on the inside cover of the manual.

If the car was ever in for service a technician may have written the radio code and stuck it to the inside of the glove box on a piece of tape, or just wrote it in an inconspicuous spot in marker.

Failing those it was pretty common for the unlock code to be written or taped to the body of the radio. This requires taking the dash apart, but that process is no more difficult then installing your SRI was.

If you still cannot find it then contact your local dealer. A reputable dealer can pull the radio code off the computer for you at no charge. Usually they want to see the car, radio, title and id all in the same place though. The dealer will charge you for this service if you did not take the radio out yourself.

buy a cd player....80 sum bucks at wal-mart

BEST idea yet...

i dont think youll actually have to have all of that he just said above... my step moms jetta did the same thing all she had to do was call the dealership and we gave them the model# and they gave us the code ALLTHOUGH(she was the registered owner to the car) so you might have to have the regi in hand just in case. or they may ask you to bring the stereo and your regi to the dealership so they can make a few quick bucks

with the radio off, hold the 1 and 6 buttons and press the power on button. This should give you the serial number. Call the dealer with this and they MIGHT give you the code. Otherwise, you will need to take it into the dealer with title in hand.

I talked with the previous owner and found what he says is the code. It has 9's 8's and 7's in it though. So how do I put in these numbers when my radio only has the presets 1-6. Also, I tried the holding 1 and 6 and powering on and nothing happened.

you need to pull the unit out, call customer service at your local dealer, tell them the serial number on the deck and theyll give you the code.

easy as that. ive done it plenty of times.

you need to pull the unit out, call customer service at your local dealer, tell them the serial number on the deck and theyll give you the code.

easy as that. ive done it plenty of times.

is this not what i just said above? just this is more in a nut shell.

As stated above just cut to the chase, with the key in the on position and radio off push and hold buttons 1 and 6, while holding push the power button. This will give the model number. Take that, the car and your title to the dealer and they will give you the five digit code. Your options are the 1 and 6 method or pull the radio and write the model number down, either way the number is the number.

If the dealer will not give you the code then you can call Honda Motor Corp. and they will request owner information etc. and they can give you the code as well assuming your ownership information checks out on their system.

Archived