having some issues with my sol, advice please?

kirbydelslow

Ok. So for a while now my sol has shaken during acceleration in 4th and 5th gear after 55mph. it does not shake during acceleration before that.

Also, it has a weird idle. it goes from 1000rpm to 2000rpm and goes up and down for like 10 minutes until evening out and stops acting crazy.

Also, every time let off the clutch in neutral, there is a slightly noticeable grinding noise. I already need to replace the clutch which I'm going to do soon, but if it is not that, what could it be?

Any and all help will be appreciated. Thank you.

*edit* and another thing, this is weird guys and gals, whenever I use my A/C my brakes no longer work at all.

Grinding letting out the clutch in neutral... That sounds like a tranny problem more than a clutch problem. I'd bet that one of the synchro's for the tranny is messed up. Aftermarket short-shifters can do that, if that's what you have. (Did Sol's come with short-shifters from the factory? I know the S2K does.)

As for the idling... Sounds like either a vacuum line problem, or maybe a timing problem?

Grinding letting out the clutch in neutral... That sounds like a tranny problem more than a clutch problem. I'd bet that one of the synchro's for the tranny is messed up. Aftermarket short-shifters can do that, if that's what you have. (Did Sol's come with short-shifters from the factory? I know the S2K does.)

As for the idling... Sounds like either a vacuum line problem, or maybe a timing problem?

Thanks, other people have suggested synchro's too. I do not have an aftermarket short-shifter. and I don't think the sol's came with factory short-shifters, though I could be wrong.

this sounds wierd and very odd you can call it a coincidence or what have you but my probe used to idle high then low high then low keep doing it and i couldnt figure out what was wrong and then i realized that my coolant was low and i filled it and for some ungodly reason it never did it again i dont know why but you can at least make sure its full lol maybe youll get lucky to and for the high speeds thing is it rpm related or speed it could be a bad ball joint or bearing just a guess other guys on here can give you more and far better advice than i can kastigar, and cranny really know there shiiiit from what iv seen

unbolt it (like two bolts.. i think 12 but i cant remember).. take off the sensor and hose connected to it and dont bust a knuckle doing it.. pull it off.. get some sensor safe carb cleaner and fill it up.. cover the holes and shake.. do it a couple times.. make sure the screen is clean.. use a q-tip to help wipe off the screen if you want to.. make sure all the cleaner is out.. bolt back up and hook up the sensor and the line

• 2 weeks later...
Honda

Any idea how much they run for? (sorry for sounding like an idiot). and how should I contact honda, because I just moved 3,000 miles and I have no idea how to do crap in this area.

this sounds wierd and very odd you can call it a coincidence or what have you but my probe used to idle high then low high then low keep doing it and i couldnt figure out what was wrong and then i realized that my coolant was low and i filled it and for some ungodly reason it never did it again i dont know why but you can at least make sure its full lol maybe youll get lucky to and for the high speeds thing is it rpm related or speed it could be a bad ball joint or bearing just a guess other guys on here can give you more and far better advice than i can kastigar, and cranny really know there shiiiit from what iv seen

turns out that the high speeds shaking problem was caused by lowering my Sol. That f*cked up my halfshafts.

Any idea how much they run for? (sorry for sounding like an idiot). and how should I contact honda, because I just moved 3,000 miles and I have no idea how to do crap in this area.

Been awhile since I bought mine, but I'm wanting to say I didn't pay more than $75 for the both of them. Check www.majestichonda.com

Check the part numbers, I should have a set laying around for an 87 CRX Si.

Been awhile since I bought mine, but I'm wanting to say I didn't pay more than $75 for the both of them. Check www.majestichonda.com

Check the part numbers, I should have a set laying around for an 87 CRX Si.

Thanks so much, just checked it out. It's 29.00 dollars for one mainshaft bearing. But it says that on a del sol it only requires one mainshaft bearing and I can only see one in the diagram. there's one bearing and 3 mainshaft needles.

The part number is 18802 BEARING, BALL (22X65X17/18) (NTN CORP.)

Thanks so much, just checked it out. It's 29.00 dollars for one mainshaft bearing. But it says that on a del sol it only requires one mainshaft bearing and I can only see one in the diagram. there's one bearing and 3 mainshaft needles.

The part number is 18802 BEARING, BALL (22X65X17/18) (NTN CORP.)

Did you also check the countershaft bearing?

Did you also check the countershaft bearing?

Not there in this diagram.

here's a link to it

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/j...NSHAFT+(S%2CSI)

Scratch that there's a separate diagram for the countershaft. here it is too.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/j...RSHAFT+(S%2CSI)

Just for the record, the numbers on Majestics website DO NOT match the part numbers I have on these parts. Might want to call Honda and see what they give you.

Just for the record, the numbers on Majestics website DO NOT match the part numbers I have on these parts. Might want to call Honda and see what they give you.

You said yours are from an 87 right? my sol is a 93. that might account for the difference in part numbers.

You said yours are from an 87 right? my sol is a 93. that might account for the difference in part numbers.

No, what I'm saying is that I checked Majestics website for an87 CRX mainshaft and countershaft bearings, and they don't match up. The Honda part numbers should be something similar to the following...91003-PE6-018

I've never seen a Honda part # not look like that.

Also, I went to the junk yard and grabbed 2 IAC valves. Neither of which worked. My sol is manual. One of the IACs was from an automatic civic, would make a difference?

Also, I went to the junk yard and grabbed 2 IAC valves. Neither of which worked. My sol is manual. One of the IACs was from an automatic civic, would make a difference?

Shouldn't, but not positive.

if you want to check the IAC and see if it is working let your car warm up and then unplug it... if the idle doesnt change IAC is messed up/dirty.. if it does change but is still messed up check your connections/wires

• 3 weeks later...

As for the Mainshaft bearing, you have to take off the whole transmission off, pry it apart and replace that F*cking bearing. If you take it to the shop, it will cost at least 900 bucks. They have a DIY for that. Here is the link:

http://www.d-series.org/forums/transmissio...ing-change.html

I have a question for everyone, how long can you drive with a bad mainshaft bearing(I normally shift around 2k-3k rpm)?

hey.. i have a question for you

can you look at dates??

dont dig up old threads just make a new one and ask your question.. it will probably have a better chance of getting answered

Way to Enforce Girl!!!!!!

Archived