Seat swap

12watch

I've been told that the same model year's civic car seats have the same bolt pattern as the del sol. My concern is that the size of the seats will make the swap not practical (i.e. the seat bottom will be taller so that my head would be hitting the roof. Anybody had any experience with this?

Thanks!

Not sure why you'd want to change from the Sol's seats... but generally the difference is only an inch or two. Measure the distance between the rail and the top of the seat on both the Sol seats and the Civic seats, and that'll tell you how much head room you're losing.

If I remember correctly, the seat rail assembly is not directly compatible between the two vehicles. You may, however, be able to remove the seat rails and switch the rails from the sol seat to the civic seat. In that instance there should be no effective height difference with the finished product.

If I remember correctly, the seat rail assembly is not directly compatible between the two vehicles. You may, however, be able to remove the seat rails and switch the rails from the sol seat to the civic seat. In that instance there should be no effective height difference with the finished product.

Well, the bottom of the seat will be the same, but if the civic seats are thicker than the Sol seats, then there'd be a bit of a difference.

then reupholster it or find a new one... its not worth switching out the del sol seat...it was like the best designed seat honda had at the time...and the civic seats kill my lumbar.

then reupholster it or find a new one... its not worth switching out the del sol seat...it was like the best designed seat honda had at the time...and the civic seats kill my lumbar.

Thanks. I will look into that. It's just that there an excellent deal on the civic seats.

• 3 weeks later...

I put fake mugens in my del sol, I was given 93 civic seat brackets to weld on to the seats to fit the sol. Well guess what, turns out the del sol is 100% unique in the seat department. Nothing but del sol brackets will fit a del sol. Sad but true, had to have custom made brackets, but they look beautiful. worth it in my eyes.

i know that to put sol seats in a 6th gen you just unbolt the seat pans and swap them around. and civic seats are on the cheap because most people are trying to get rid of them so that they can buy del sol/gsr/crx/prelude seats

Archived