Engine Swap

hondatyper

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've got a B16B and want more power...

whaaat?? i thought the B16B was a JDM 99-00 Civic Type-R engine, 190 hp??

you're right. I highly doubt you have a B16B. you more than likely have a b16a. either way, ITR intake manifold, and internals would help out greatly, intake, header, exhaust.....before you mod anything, you have to ask yourself what you ultimately want out of the car. you also have to realize that it's not gonna be as quick as most other swapped civics of earlier years due to weight.

you can make any B series or H series motor a monster. the H starts with more power, but it's a lot more work to put it in and weighs about 75 pounds more than the B series motors. the 75 pounds will take away from the handling a bit, but not as much as most people say. relocating the battery to the back and a good suspension setup will help that. hope this helps. anything else?

~Lance

yeah, i'm thinking you mean B16A 1 or 2 also (~160 hp)... but even then, that's some hp you got. my B16A has a stock 170 hp, not too shabby in my opinion.

anyway, assuming it's a civic or delsol... getting an H motor in will be some serious work, widening the fenders to fit the motor for example. it won't be a simple sledge hammer job :laugh:

yeah, i'm thinking you mean B16A 1 or 2 also (~160 hp)... but even then, that's some hp you got.  my B16A has a stock 170 hp, not too shabby in my opinion.

anyway, assuming it's a civic or delsol... getting an H motor in will be some serious work, widening the fenders to fit the motor for example.  it won't be a simple sledge hammer job :laugh:

Dude, you're f*cking stupid. You don't do crap to the fenders. All you do is buy the mount kit.

IF you do have a B16B, just a a B18C1 block, crank, and connecting rods. You'll have to do some other stuff too since the compression will be in the 12's, but you'll have a good engine.

EDIT: Slacker-808.... YOU'RE FIRED!

superstreet whats wrong with the compression being in the twelves, maybe he wants a n/a motor or if he does want forced induction then he should get a bigger head gasket and head work done, so by the time he does all that he might have just as well put the whole b18c1 in but put new internals in it

superstreet whats wrong with the compression being in the twelves, maybe he wants a n/a motor or if he does want forced induction then he should get a bigger head gasket and head work done, so by the time he does all that he might have just as well put the whole b18c1 in but put new internals in it

1. You're a dumb fawk.

2. A block, crank, and rods are a lot cheaper than B16B cams, B16B pistons, and a B18C1. Not to mention the B16B has shorter gearing and a LSD.

3. A 12ish CR is good. I never said it wasn't.

4. A bigger head gasket will lower the CR into the low 12's einstein.

civi93ex... you're OWNED and FIRED!

dear lord superstreet i never said anything about puting b16 pistons in the b18 he should put new rods pistons and a crank but not from a b16 he should get after market forged internals if his compression is going to be in the twelves and the b16b has a limited slip so what its probably a viscous lsd so it sucks any way why doesnt he just get a new clutch type or (i dont know how to spell this) quiaffe type limited slip, depending on if he wants better handling or he just wants to drag race, im not a big honda buff, i prefer nissan but a mean and evil parent has put me in a honda, not that is so bad, but will a b16 head bolt onto a b18 block, without modification

I've got a B16B and want more power...

whaaat?? i thought the B16B was a JDM 99-00 Civic Type-R engine, 190 hp??

you're right. I highly doubt you have a B16B. you more than likely have a b16a. either way, ITR intake manifold, and internals would help out greatly, intake, header, exhaust.....before you mod anything, you have to ask yourself what you ultimately want out of the car. you also have to realize that it's not gonna be as quick as most other swapped civics of earlier years due to weight.

you can make any B series or H series motor a monster. the H starts with more power, but it's a lot more work to put it in and weighs about 75 pounds more than the B series motors. the 75 pounds will take away from the handling a bit, but not as much as most people say. relocating the battery to the back and a good suspension setup will help that. hope this helps. anything else?

~Lance

The B16 motor is supposedly the best honda motor to build up...

The B16 motor is supposedly the best honda motor to build up...

the B16what? if its the b16a forget it. gotta replace the block. if its a b16b i'll probably agree with that, because all a b16b is, is a de-stroked b18c with better valvetrain. so if you throw a b18c crank and rods, or maybe a b18b crank and rods, you will have a b18c5 killer (because if you put b18c crank/rods in a b16b, you will have 12:1 compression because of the pistons).

yes it is a b16b. to stroke it do i need crank rods and pistons or just crank and rods?

Crank and rods. Keep your pistons or else you will kick your own ass later.

Archived