Gettin a subie this weekend!!!

diablo2dusk

Found an 02 wrx up in Michigan that im hopefully gonna go pick up this weekend. 107k miles on body with about 10k on the motor. The guys giving it to me for about 9.3k and its got an impressive mod list....

• Motor completely rebuilt +
  • Brand new STI 2.5 short block (hybrid motor)
  • Forged Wiseco Pistons
  • STI Cams
  • STI Oil Pump
  • 840cc Injectors
  • Deadbolt 20g Tdo6 Turbo ( Free rebuilds and turbo repair for life)
  • Invidia Divorced downpipe
  • Catless up pipe
  • 3" cat back
  • Huge CSS TMIC
  • Exedy clutch kit w/new flywheel

As for the exterior its grey with blacked out enkei rims. Basically looks like a stock wrx with rims. Guy has it conservatively tuned at 17psi and is pushing a little over 300hp. My first mission will be to swap the stock wrx tranny with the out of an STI...since the 02's trannies were made of glass and bits of tins welded together >_< . Can't wait for the awd madness

wtf, i hate you!!!

lol, sounds like a nice ride but when you get it, you cant floor it. that motor will destroy that tranny before you know it.

did he upgrade the transmission at all? see if he put in RA gears. some people keep the 5 speed and just put stronger gears in it.

and sti transmission is going to cost a pretty penny, at least 1500 or so.

youre gonna like the car alot my friend.

im just pissed that youre buying a built car and Im still building mine.

with that big 20g turbo, you might want to look into getting headers to help with spool time so you hit full boost sooner instead of like 3500rpms.

also, the problem with the hybrid set up is that you run out of steam in the top end. the wrx heads just dont flow as well as the sti heads so expect a power drop around 5-6000rpms.

your first priority should be the transmission. it really should. once you get that, come out here to the island and ill introduce you to the best two subaru tuners on the east coast.

Clicky

mike tuned a bone stock 08 sti and squeezed out an extra 54whp/75wtq (292whp/337wtq compared to the stock 238whp/262wtq)

wtf, i hate you!!!

lol, sounds like a nice ride but when you get it, you cant floor it. that motor will destroy that tranny before you know it.

did he upgrade the transmission at all? see if he put in RA gears. some people keep the 5 speed and just put stronger gears in it.

and sti transmission is going to cost a pretty penny, at least 1500 or so.

youre gonna like the car alot my friend.

im just pissed that youre buying a built car and Im still building mine.

with that big 20g turbo, you might want to look into getting headers to help with spool time so you hit full boost sooner instead of like 3500rpms.

also, the problem with the hybrid set up is that you run out of steam in the top end. the wrx heads just dont flow as well as the sti heads so expect a power drop around 5-6000rpms.

your first priority should be the transmission. it really should. once you get that, come out here to the island and ill introduce you to the best two subaru tuners on the east coast.

Clicky

mike tuned a bone stock 08 sti and squeezed out an extra 54whp/75wtq (292whp/337wtq compared to the stock 238whp/262wtq)

The 20G should more than compensate for this. It's a high flowing turbo.

Archived