Quarter mile run question!!!!

92civichatch

I was just wondering what you guys think a 92 civic cx with a D16Z6 would run in the quarter mile stock. I just have a cold air cleaner and a exhaust on it now. I was hoping low 14's....Just want some opinions thats all

Mid -low 16 as it sits.....maybe a low 15 with the bottle....and those are both assuming you know how to drive....since it's your first time...I'd probably add a second to each one.

By the way.....bench racing is only one step away from gay sex with the ginger.

Thanks for the replies guys its been helpful. I wanna do more to this engine but I just don't want it to be a waste of time. I don't to many people running a high performance D16Z6. I was thinking about porting and polishing he head and changing the valves and valve springs and turbo charging it. How good is the bottom end on these engines? Do they still make superchargers for these engines? I couldn't find one online. I'm gonna call around today and look for a B16 just cause.

Thanks for the replies guys its been helpful. I wanna do more to this engine but I just don't want it to be a waste of time. I don't to many people running a high performance D16Z6. I was thinking about porting and polishing he head and changing the valves and valve springs and turbo charging it. How good is the bottom end on these engines? Do they still make superchargers for these engines? I couldn't find one online. I'm gonna call around today and look for a B16 just cause.

A lot of people build the D16z6...very popular, so I'm not sure where you get that not many people run them. Stock bottom end is pretty safe to around 220whp. With forged rods and vitara pistons you can safely get to around 350whp....more if it's not a daily.

IMO B16 > D16

but that depends on your budget and what you plan on doing to the car.. and a Z6 is a good engine and they are cheap if you mess it up..

IMO B16 > D16

but that depends on your budget and what you plan on doing to the car.. and a Z6 is a good engine and they are cheap if you mess it up..

IF you have a B16 already then maybe, but spending a couple grand on a B16 swap when the Z6 could have 100whp more for that same money.....I used to be of the same opinion as you...but anymore I'd rather have the fastest for my money rather than the cool factor of a DOHC Vtec.

IF you have a B16 already then maybe, but spending a couple grand on a B16 swap when the Z6 could have 100whp more for that same money.....I used to be of the same opinion as you...but anymore I'd rather have the fastest for my money rather than the cool factor of a DOHC Vtec.

I don't have a B16 yet, i just got off the phone with a salvage yard near me and they have some there for 500. I just put the Z6 in this car last year it was a hell of alot better than that old 8 valve 70 hp smoke machine I had in there before. But if i can put a turbo or supercharger on this engine and keep it a daily driver to then that'll work for me.

I ran a 16.0 with the same motor with header, testpipe, catback, and intake. I can get it into the high 15's. No way you'd get 14's out of a stock one though unless you strap it to a go kart. :)

I don't have a B16 yet, i just got off the phone with a salvage yard near me and they have some there for 500. I just put the Z6 in this car last year it was a hell of alot better than that old 8 valve 70 hp smoke machine I had in there before. But if i can put a turbo or supercharger on this engine and keep it a daily driver to then that'll work for me.

Yeah...add in axles, tranny, mounts, etc.... and you are at way more than $500. For 1200-1500 you could have 220whp with that D16z6.

Archived