Engine swap.

† ƴeNoM4ur̓§♥&#9

Hello. I'm new to the forums and was just curious about a few things. I was wondering if it was possible to drop the 2.2L engine from the s2k into a 91 crx si? I know anything is possible with the right amount of money. But if anyone could give me an idea within reason if it's possible. (I mean are we talking 10k-20k or more?) While also running the s2k transmission and converting the crx to rear wheel drive. I would imagine that there would need to be a lot of chassi renforcement. Also weight increase on the back end to keep the tires from spinning.I probably missed a lot of things I would need so feel free to give your imput. I know this is crziness :crazy: but just bare with me if you will. Thanks.

Hello. I'm new to the forums and was just curious about a few things. I was wondering if it was possible to drop the 2.2L engine from the s2k into a 91 crx si? I know anything is possible with the right amount of money. But if anyone could give me an idea within reason if it's possible. (I mean are we talking 10k-20k or more?) While also running the s2k transmission and converting the crx to rear wheel drive. I would imagine that there would need to be a lot of chassi renforcement. Also weight increase on the back end to keep the tires from spinning.I probably missed a lot of things I would need so feel free to give your imput. I know this is crziness :crazy: but just bare with me if you will. Thanks.

just buy an s2000, used ones are around $15k

For the money it would take, you could buy an s2000, have the engine built, turbo it, and throw on a bunch of carbon fiber parts. You would be faster than your fantasy F22 rex and way more stable. Plus s2k is way more baller than a crx. If you're intent on beefing up your crx, just get like a gsr swap or something. You'll be happy with it.

yeah, go with a gsr or h22 swap for your crx.

$5000 is much cheaper than 15-20k that you will spend on modifying and completely rebuilding/fabricating the crx into being able to using the rwd motor.

• 3 weeks later...

anything is possible, i seen someone put a big block v8 with blower in crx. ran a 12's becuz it just won't stop spining, but i see 4g63 in it. s2k been done, k20...etc but with that money, i would buy s2k or fully built a b series and put it in, for half the cost.

i have a CRX with a F22..

on forza motorsports 2 :laugh:

Archived