prelude vs mustang gt

The driver of the stang must not know how to drive.

no the driver in the stang does know how to drive

15's in a GT is pathetic unless it's a 94/95 Vert.

15's is not pathetic it is the non pi motor and only makes 235 hp stock its the weakest 4.6. when it has the head swap done and cams installed it will have 340 hp and be in 13's

nobody commend me for my nice run or anything, lol

maybe the mustang seems slow because its decepted by the quick prelude, haha

lol they dont care about your car the only reason they some on here it to compete and argue to see whos piece of crap is better

lol they dont care about your car the only reason they some on here it to compete and argue to see whos piece of crap is better

Lol, they don't care about your car. The only reason they come on here is to compete and argue to see who's piece of crap is better.

That is an inaccurate assessment. I come here to correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation.

no the driver in the stang does know how to drive

15's is not pathetic it is the non pi motor and only makes 235 hp stock its the weakest 4.6. when it has the head swap done and cams installed it will have 340 hp and be in 13's

Even a poorly driven 96/98 4.6 can bang out 14's consistently unless it's dogged the f*ck out and has high mileage. He's not that high above sea level.

And LOL @ a pi swap netting a 96/04 GT that much power. Must be flywheel or crank numbers.

and the mustang beats the civic! or accord. . . LMAO.

Point is though, that he announced that the Mustang won......so why is it that anybody would commend the OP for a nice run. You got beat. I thought that preludes were quicker than that. If you are bone stock I guess that's pretty good.

Even a poorly driven 96/98 4.6 can bang out 14's consistently unless it's dogged the f*ck out and has high mileage. He's not that high above sea level.

if i ran the hell out of my car then i could hit 14's but i need it to drive every day i wasnt launching hard and was shifting at 5300 not running it to redline which is 6. a 98 cobra only runs 14.50's stock

that is crank numbers. and i said pi swap and stage 2 cams

I guess I am just used to mustangs running 12's. I have a coupe friends with stangs but none are stock so I was not aware they were that slow. I owned a 99 prelude for 2 years and just never thought of it as being as fast as a mustang gt regardless of the year.

if i ran the hell out of my car then i could hit 14's but i need it to drive every day i wasnt launching hard and was shifting at 5300 not running it to redline which is 6. a 98 cobra only runs 14.50's stock

that is crank numbers. and i said pi swap and stage 2 cams

I don't see WHERE you're getting your information from. VT Stage 2 cams with a port/polish job on a friend of mine's 04 GT only got him about 296 at the wheels. SAE corrected and all. And they've got some fairly hefty lobes.

And where in the SH*T do you get your quarter mile times from? 96/98 Cobra's have been found as low as high 13's in stock trim.

Great God almighty it hurts to talk to misinformed people.

I don't see WHERE you're getting your information from. VT Stage 2 cams with a port/polish job on a friend of mine's 04 GT only got him about 296 at the wheels. SAE corrected and all. And they've got some fairly hefty lobes.

And where in the SH*T do you get your quarter mile times from? 96/98 Cobra's have been found as low as high 13's in stock trim.

Great God almighty it hurts to talk to misinformed people.

head swap on non pi block creates more compression they will add maybe 50 hp and hitech stage 2 cams add 50 or so so i have 240 to crank + the 100 between those two and ill have over 300 hp to crank. idk what your friend has my dad has hitech cams and he has over 300 hp. and the 96-98 cobras probably barely hit thirteens stock they have 260 hp which is roughly the same as the 01-04 stock whick run 14.00's

I guess I am just used to mustangs running 12's. I have a coupe friends with stangs but none are stock so I was not aware they were that slow. I owned a 99 prelude for 2 years and just never thought of it as being as fast as a mustang gt regardless of the year.

yeah im a 17 year old senior in high school its my daily driver so its pretty much stock for now. when i do the heads cams and a bottle it will be in 12's. my dads and three of my friends have 11/12 second mustangs lol i feel really slow ridin with them. and the preludes are quick too dont forget that.

head swap on non pi block creates more compression they will add maybe 50 hp and hitech stage 2 cams add 50 or so so i have 240 to crank + the 100 between those two and ill have over 300 hp to crank. idk what your friend has my dad has hitech cams and he has over 300 hp. and the 96-98 cobras probably barely hit thirteens stock they have 260 hp which is roughly the same as the 01-04 stock whick run 14.00's

Uh..4v numbers are vastly superior to 2v numbers, dude. They were rated 305 at the flywheel or crank and didn't have much parastic loss through the transmission. 2v's only dyno 230's or 240's to the rear wheel if I'm not mistaken. 96+ Cobra's/4v Mach1's have been competition SOMEWHAT(keyword here being SOMEWHAT, as bolt on LSx F-bodies don't bullcrap whatsoever) for LSx F-bodies but, considering they discontinued such..

And in the not-so-great state of Florida I've seen VERY good drivers take a New Edge GT, low mileage of course; and whore it out to a 13.9 pass, at a little over 100mph.

Guess the air be thicker up there or something.

LOL IS THAT VIDEO TREVOR'S GT?

Edit -- Yea..seen him on some message boards. He's dyno'd 300/309. Which isn't bad. Drew may have just had piss poor headwork done on his car, he only dyno'd a few shy of Trevor's crap.

Point is though, that he announced that the Mustang won......so why is it that anybody would commend the OP for a nice run. You got beat. I thought that preludes were quicker than that. If you are bone stock I guess that's pretty good.

LOL!

you guys are funny

Preludes pwn noobs

f150s, crxs, and civics............ do not pwn noobs

Unfortunately..among this group..you're the only noobass here so.. Gee, wondering how that works..

Archived