does anyone remember this?

zimmy709

yea, i cut a bit much... but it'll be glassed back in a little, i wanted to make a flat junction between the new and old glass, instead of a corner.

plus those damned rectangles had to go!

yeah it looks pretty badass man, have fun

i think i like it so much because its different. it kind of looks like something that would be on a race car, pretty sweet IMO

thanks for the compliments guys! Hopefully i will be doing most of the glassing tomorrow... i had a lot of glassing to do on the lip at the bottom, it was pretty beat up so that took up a lot of time today. But it's to bed for now... here's another shot for now.

IMG_0975.jpg

after first coat, trimmed and ready for second with the forms removed

IMG_0992.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg

IMG_0994.jpg

and the second coat

IMG_0996.jpg

and the lonely lip chillin over in the corner while the bondoglass filler is drying

IMG_0995.jpg

i have done a lot of sub boxes, kick enclosures and random fiberglass fixing, so i have a bit of experience. I used to be a car audio/electronics installer soooo... it was part of the job description.

well, here's some test fit progress... it is now back off and some has been cut away from the back to meet up to the intercooler... still sandingand trying to get it perfect before i prime...

IMG_1018.jpg

IMG_1020.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg

IMG_1029.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

sorry to go off topic but where did you get yours? probally the group buy on SS h-u-h?

i really want a blue tint for mine after i get the swap for the sol

sorry to go off topic but where did you get yours? probally the group buy on SS h-u-h?

i really want a blue tint for mine after i get the swap for the sol

i bought my del sol with the top back in '03, that top is the reason why i bought this del sol. LOVE the top. my guess is the original owner ordered it from ameripol, as i am the third owner of the car, and the guy i bought it off of said it came with the top.

Archived