what would happen?

C92hatchX

I don't think there is such a thing as a B6 head so I will say you have the D15B7.

An Si head? What Si? Crx Si from back in the day? That was what... a D16A1? Or was that a ZC? The first one wouldn't work at all since that's DOHC and the second one would be okay I guess but not the best you could do. I hear of people doing that from time to time, though.

The best you could do would be get the Si del Sol head (Z6). This also came in EX civics and some other models you can research too. I believe this is called a mini-me swap for some reason, but I may be wrong about that. Pretty standard stuff -- I'm sure there's lots on hondaswap. The tranny from the D16Z6 is nice, but if you want an even closer geared one get the D16A1 tranny like you would find in the first gen teg. That's a cable tranny though which would require a conversion.

More details and people could prolly help you more.

I don't think there is such a thing as a B6 head so I will say you have the D15B7.

An Si head? What Si? Crx Si from back in the day? That was what... a D16A1? Or was that a ZC? The first one wouldn't work at all since that's DOHC and the second one would be okay I guess but not the best you could do. I hear of people doing that from time to time, though.

The best you could do would be get the Si del Sol head (Z6). This also came in EX civics and some other models you can research too. I believe this is called a mini-me swap for some reason, but I may be wrong about that. Pretty standard stuff -- I'm sure there's lots on hondaswap. The tranny from the D16Z6 is nice, but if you want an even closer geared one get the D16A1 tranny like you would find in the first gen teg. That's a cable tranny though which would require a conversion.

More details and people could prolly help you more.

i have i d15b6, yes an 88-91 si head, and i was talking to my buddy and im just going to buy the full si motor swap and trans for 500 bucks

i have i d15b6, yes an 88-91 si head, and i was talking to my buddy and im just going to buy the full si motor swap and trans for 500 bucks

I hope by "full si motor swap" you mean the 92-95 EX/Si (D16Z6). Otherwise, not only are you overpaying, but you're wasting money on something that's only going to have about 102-106 bhp (if I recall correctly). Although it'll be a vast difference over your little 62bhp HF engine, do you really think it'd be worth it?

^^ yea you got a point, im just going to grab the si tranny for now intill i find an ex/si swap

when i get the z6 do i need any mounts or anything or will it all fit right up?

• 5 weeks later...

Archived