K Series Swap! Need help..

04civic407

I have a 2004 civic dx coup and i want to do a swap. im thinking about a k22a but then i noticed the k24. what do you guys think is better? i cant really find too many specs on the k24. let me know what you think?

Best person to talk to here is cranny. PM him, or check out civicforums.com, a bunch of people there have done both.

I have a 2004 civic dx coup and i want to do a swap. im thinking about a k22a but then i noticed the k24. what do you guys think is better? i cant really find too many specs on the k24. let me know what you think?

You probably mean k20a2 and not "k22a". There is no such thing, unless you're talking about a bored and stroked k20. I say go with the k20a2. Do you have a shop lined up to do it for you? Have you got quotes? Does Hasport even make mounts for that? Their site says 01-03 civic kit is $600 but there is no mention of 04+.

k20 and k24 are about the same ...... they have the same hp but k24 has more torque .... but they look the same....... usally ( in my area) k24 are cheap so it your choice what you wanna do ;)

k20 and k24 are about the same ...... they have the same hp but k24 has more torque .... but they look the same....... usally ( in my area) k24 are cheap so it your choice what you wanna do ;)

it really depends on which motor you're talking about.

for example: (these are just approximate numbers off the top of my head)

k20a3 = 160 hp

k20a2= 200

k20a (jdm itr) =220hp

k24a4= 160 hp

k24a2= 200

of course the torque will be similar in all 2.4L k's (around 160 tq) and 2.0L k's (like 140-145 tq)

the esk1 kit , advertised to fit 01-03 will fit 01-05 coupes. also the mount kit for the K24 is different with hasport. one wont work for the other , the passenger side mount is different. the K24 kit is esk2.

actually , i dont know the engine code , but there very well might be a K22A. there is a MUGEN RR honda civic. has a hybrid engine right from dealer. a K20 , stroked with an S2000 crank , making it 2.2 litre. dont know alot about it , but that i do.

actually , i dont know the engine code , but there very well might be a K22A. there is a MUGEN RR honda civic. has a hybrid engine right from dealer. a K20 , stroked with an S2000 crank , making it 2.2 litre. dont know alot about it , but that i do.
Mugen also debuted Civic Type-RR Experimental Spec concept car in Tokyo Auto Salon, which features 2157 cc K20A engine rated 260 PS (256 hp/191 kW) and 237 N·m (175 lb·ft) of torque.

Archived