Chop top Civic

RogSquadron

I recently cut the roof off my 97' Civic coupe, and am trying to figure out a way to put modify a soft top to put on the car, making it a convertible and not just a roadster. Any ideas on which cars would make for the easiest conversion? In a perfect world, I would love to have a push button top, but realize that we don't always get what we want. I was looking at a early to mid 90's VW Cabrio. Any other ideas that might work? Any thoughts on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Can you even open the doors?

You need to reinforce the hell out of a unibody before making it a drop top. So work on making sure the car isn't gonna fold in half before you put a rag top on it.

I recently cut the roof off my 97' Civic coupe, and am trying to figure out a way to put modify a soft top to put on the car, making it a convertible and not just a roadster. Any ideas on which cars would make for the easiest conversion? In a perfect world, I would love to have a push button top, but realize that we don't always get what we want. I was looking at a early to mid 90's VW Cabrio. Any other ideas that might work? Any thoughts on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

if your a man and you were looking at a cabrio you should have you penis removed. why would you do that to a civic? there are easier and cheaper ways

Interesting.

Some of the early 90's cavaliers and sunbirds were convertibles. The roof assembly on one of those may be similar in size. Being you did compromise the integrity of a uni-body car I do hope you were planning on putting in sufficient frame reinforcements as well as some roll bars.

Archived