How to get more headroom in a 2002 honda civic?

darrylb

Well, i just bought a Honda Civic EX (2002)... Yesterday... And i found one huge problem... Comfort.. Driving one around for 10min did not show me the fact that my head ins 1/2 an inch away from the ceiling, and my hair would be touching the roof non-stop. Does anyone have any advice on how the seat can be lowered? or near-factory replacements, or something... Its a rather big issue to me, as im 6 ft 1 in, and need another inch or so in headroom......

Its a rather big issue to me, as im 6 ft 1 in, and need another inch or so in headroom......

dose a 2000 civic have more headroom then a crx?

cuz im also 6 ft 1in, and i fit real fine in a compact car... maybe if i was fat as 240lbs then it would be uncomfortable...:ninja:

Well, here the story. I did some searches on the web. 2002 Honda Civic EX's are lower than previous models. AND a coworker brought to my attention that the sunroof lowers the headroom, drops it nearly an inch.

I was hoping that another year honda seats were lower, or there were better mounting brackets, or something... I looked very carefully at the brackets, and couldnt see how they could be modified... So whatever...

As for that moron, i was just gonna ignore his @$$ 8)

Archived