turbo upgrades????

93d3ls0l

i was looking around at diferent turbo kits and was wondering what you guys have done, total cost, and any personal expierence with performance increase or problems?

thanks for any advice in advance

^ what he said... i spent i think 4k on mine (to work with my b18c swap)... i pieced mine together, didn't buy a kit, but it is much better than any kits out there in my opinion. Mine is built to be a fun street car more than anything, and it is all that and more.

basically revolving around a gt2860rs, rc550's, crome p28, AEM UEGO, home fabricated and modified dc2 piping, fabbed dp and exhaust... the list is much more detailed and lengthy, but the heart of my expense was the turbo, i didn't want to skimp on that. ceramic bearings and quick spool FTMFW

sorry i should have been a lil more detailed i have a 1993 sol s with the d15b7 w/ a p&p'd d16a7? maybe a6 but i know its a 1.6 head. also more mods the basics. i wanna run like 6 or so psi make like 250ish whp if that is possible seems like a realistic goal. and run it on the street during the week and drag it on the weekends for now till i can find a good deal on a 95ish integra for front end conversion and motor swap

thats a good suggestion. but would i be able to use that setup on a B series in the future when i swap motors? i would imagine i could with a different manifold but im not too expierenced in that field. if in the future im going to need to get a completely new turbo kit i would rather spend minimal money for now cause if i blow up this engine which theres a good chance i will im not putting anything but a b series back in it.

i want to do a integra conversion to the front end so i am paitently waiting for a whole car that has been total from the rear or something along that lines so i can take the motor out of the integra build it then put into my del sol that way i have all parts needed for both things the swap and conversion but i dont know if i want to get an integra cause from what i under stand they have the b18 and idk if i wanna devote myself to the headache that would come from the extra weight and the steering im thinking the b16 would be an easier swap but once again im not all that expierenced with theese swaps

i was thinking going with a ebay kit for the d series till i build up a B series in the future. would a ebay kit be able to run 6-10 psi. and make 250ish whp w/out complications? i see alot ppl around here dont like to use ebay parts. im eager to see how Repsol's turbo install works out for him.

i was thinking going with a ebay kit for the d series till i build up a B series in the future. would a ebay kit be able to run 6-10 psi. and make 250ish whp w/out complications? i see alot ppl around here dont like to use ebay parts. im eager to see how Repsol's turbo install works out for him.

eBay is fine as long as they're real, reputable parts. The problem with a lot of eBay stuff is that they're knockoff parts. You could probably piece together a kit cheaper than buying something pre-made. Are you building this car for auto-x?

no i wanted it for the extra horse and a lil better 1/4 mile time mostly for day to day driving till i get the B series done then i'll be doing alot more draging. i dont expect a whoe lot out of my d15. with my mods and a cheap turbo kit my goal of 250 whp i dont think is out reach

no i wanted it for the extra horse and a lil better 1/4 mile time mostly for day to day driving till i get the B series done then i'll be doing alot more draging. i dont expect a whoe lot out of my d15. with my mods and a cheap turbo kit my goal of 250 whp i dont think is out reach

If you're getting a B series anyway, I wouldn't even bother. It's more money for the B swap.

well im getting a B series for sure just might be the middle of the summer or further away im waiting for the right deal

Then it's pointless to spend money on turboing your current motor. You'll never get out of it what you put into it.

Then it's pointless to spend money on turboing your current motor. You'll never get out of it what you put into it.

if say i spend a grand on turboing my current setup i wouldnt be able to push 250ish hp to the wheels? i would say thats only 100 hp more then what im at now could be less

if say i spend a grand on turboing my current setup i wouldnt be able to push 250ish hp to the wheels? i would say thats only 100 hp more then what im at now could be less

You're not going to get much for a grand unless you buy everything used. It's a waste of money if you're planning a swap anyway.

its actually more along the lines of 130 more hp because you want 250 at the wheels, the 102hp rating is at the crank.

Also to build off of what katsgir just said for that total cost of $1k you will have a very hard time finding a turbo with a compressor map that will function at 250whp...Usually $1k turbo set-up's utilize turbo's like dsm t25/14b's, older volvo/sabb t3's, or ford etc. rhb5's..most of those will only net you in the vicinity of <200whp especially with a d15

250 is out of reach for those rods for sure, and you better be damn ready to put something else in, if you are hitting 250.

from what i was told this car was at one point a drag car and boosted . everything the guy told me was done checks out except the internals cause i did not take apart the engine enough to tell. but rest of mods do check out so i assume he was telling the truth about the rest.

also another question i had was would a header make a noticeable increase in power? i am running a oem manifold right now and was wondering if i should just get a header/make one or go with boost?

from what i was told this car was at one point a drag car and boosted . everything the guy told me was done checks out except the internals cause i did not take apart the engine enough to tell. but rest of mods do check out so i assume he was telling the truth about the rest.

also another question i had was would a header make a noticeable increase in power? i am running a oem manifold right now and was wondering if i should just get a header/make one or go with boost?

maybe im very skeptical about it having been boosted before and if it was maybe it was a different motor, and as for drag car if you take a stock cx hatch to the drag strip wouldnt it be considered a drag car since thats what it was being used for, even though itd be doing like a 20-sec. 1/4 mile.

i noticed a lil increase with a megan racing header and an intake together, but nothing to really write home about...your best bet like its been said is to just save your money for the B-swap since you're doing that anyways because its pointless to waste the money.

maybe im very skeptical about it having been boosted before and if it was maybe it was a different motor, and as for drag car if you take a stock cx hatch to the drag strip wouldnt it be considered a drag car since thats what it was being used for, even though itd be doing like a 20-sec. 1/4 mile.

i noticed a lil increase with a megan racing header and an intake together, but nothing to really write home about...your best bet like its been said is to just save your money for the B-swap since you're doing that anyways because its pointless to waste the money.

this motor is pretty well done up. a good lil list of mods already done including intake, but the reason the stock manifold is on here is cause it was supposidly boosted b4. when he removed the turbo kit was when he put the stocker back on. as far as im told. now on the other hand this car has a bit of pep just not enough. i need more power for now till i get my B series ready. im sick of the slowness. i have a walk around video on myspace if any one is interested in checking it out

So......you're gonna build a turbo setup for a couple months, then swap it out?

something like that. depends on how long it takes to find a good canidate for the swap. if i do get a turbo setup for the D series i can use most of that setup on the B series right? i know i cant use the turbo manifold, what else would i need to change for the turbo setup to work with the B series?

Archived