Finally...some action

I've finally gotten myself to a point where I can afford disposable spending on the Talon. My original plan was altered since my friend, where the vehicle is, is getting foreclosed on his house. The original plan was a full build, with machine work and everything, but now time is growing short. Now, it's getting it back to a running condition, and then once he lands in a new, permanent residence, tearing it down for a full build. All of the work kind of sucks, but I'm not towing the damn thing again. I've paid over 250 in towing on this damn car. So, here is what has been ordered.

Brian Crower SS valves, Intake & Exhaust

Supertech Valve Stem Seals, Exhaust

Supertech Valve Stem Seals, Intake

Powder coated oil pan. All powder coating to be done in the following color.

newpics344.jpg

Hopefully I can get this thing running the weekend following the arrival of the parts. As of now, the balance shafts are going to remain in the vehicle, as I don't have the time to pull them. Once he finds his new home, with a garage, then the car again becomes disassembled. Head will go to a machine shop for mild porting and valve job. Future parts as follows.

HKS 264/272 Intake/Exhaust cam combo.

HKS adjustable cam gears.

Brian Crower Valve Springs.

Another set of Supertech Valve Seals, as the current ones will be unusable due to removal.

Evo III 16G turbo.

Walbro 190 LPH fuel pump.

Set of 750cc injectors, not sure which brand yet.

Dejon Tool intake, powdercoated Black.

Valve Cover powdercoated violet, with lettering colored black.

Clear, upper timing belt cover.

HKS Kevlar timing belt, in purple.

I'm sure there is more, but that's the major things.

Current mods

GReddy Type S BOV.

Tanabe cat-back, not sure exactly which model anymore.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you turd you stole my color :rant: lol

i think ill be doing a candy blue now seeing that i have a blue sol :p

the mods list sounds pretty badass man, cant wait to see it when its done :thumbsup:

you turd you stole my color :rant: lol

i think ill be doing a candy blue now seeing that i have a blue sol :p

the mods list sounds pretty badass man, cant wait to see it when its done :thumbsup:

Sorry about that. Since there was already a GReddy Type S BOV in there, I decided to incorporate a color scheme around it. I think the purple and black will look awesome with a Dark Green car.

yeah i want anodized chrome hooks to match all the wheels im getting (i just noticed all the wheels im getting are polished, LOL)

i think im going back into the chrome stage..

Chrome is bs to keep clean. Trust me. Twenty inches at four corners, plus the grille AND the running bars FTL.

Thinking I may just murder out my truck. It's already mostly black, LAWL.

Anywhom. Have fun on the build Kas.

Parts are in.

DSCF0428.jpg

Weather is supposed to be crap this weekend, but I'll still call my buddy and see what he says.

Here are the head and block. Head is stripped in this picture.

DSCF0417.jpg

DSCF0418.jpg

And the inspiration for Purple.

DSCF0422.jpg

I'm really excited, and hope to have her going within a month. Just in time for warmer weather.

• 1 month later...

I know it's been awhile...working 2 jobs will do that to a person. Head is on, and torqued to 80 ft.lbs on ARP headstuds. Bottom end is aligned to TDC on #1 cylinder. Head has valves, seals, and springs in. After getting #1 to TDC, I noticed the front balance shaft is 1 tooth off time. Don't think that had anything to do with the shredded timing belt, but will be removing the balance shaft belt anyway. Less parasitic drag and all. The guy where the car is still doesn't know anything about his home, so hopefully I can get it going before he gets the boot.

get that beast on the road!

I know...it really sucks when you have to rely on the guy with all the tools. This should've been done 2 weekends ago, but he forgot his 12 points at work. Last weekend he was sick. This car should've been running beginning of April. What will really burn my ass is if I put it all back together, and it won't start.

Talon's are one of my fav. cars. Always wanted one. I had a buddy who had one growing up, and had it all modded, till he blew the engine sky high, repaired it and blew it again. After that he was forced to sell it because he keep sinking his parents money into it.

After bleeding the 2 collapsed lifters...1 of them popped back up. Only had to buy 1 lifter, and since it was cheaper, went with OEM for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's all together so today was the moment of truth. Took awhile but it finally fired up. Ran rough until all the crap gas was run out of the lines. When it was finally idling nicely, the lifters were ticking like mad, and the gauge showed zero oil pressure. Shut it down real quick and pulled off the oil cap and the cam was nice and oily. Checked the wire going to the oil pressure sending unit and it appeared to be on. Oil level was fine. Touched the wire going to the oil pressure unit and it fell right off. Put it back on, started it up again and bingo...pressure. It has a small coolant leak coming from the thermostat housing. One of the hoses probably split or tore due to it being manipulated around while putting it back together. So all it needs is the leak fixed, middle timing cover, and tags. Next weekend I should be out tearing up the streets.

Unfortunately I promised pictures, but *most* of it was fixed without me even being there. Our schedules don't work well together. While he's working I'm sleeping, while I'm working he's sleeping...etc. So he did most of the work without me. Only reason we fired it up today is because he was real paranoid about the timing tensioner. I was really worried it wasn't going to start, and we'd have to diagnose something else. Car has been down just a hair under 3 years.

about damn time you get the car started!!!

well hope you have fun in it next weekend

and

PICS ASAP YOU EFFIN NOOB!!! lol

Archived