WTB: Nikon D40 or D40X Cheap!

Munky_JDM

But i Still Can Get Pix Like this with the D40 right???

IMG_0317_small.jpg

Yes. That was my whole point was that I took that with a point and shoot (non DSLR) Canon A620. The D40 is better than the A620 so you'll be able to do those types of shots fine. I misunderstood what you meant by low light shooting since in the photography world that term usually means high iso. You just mean night time/on a tripod photos which the D40 will do great. Actually Nancy started on a D40 and she was taking some pretty amazing nighttime Cityscapes with that camera. It's more about the photographer than the camera, so it will be up to you to learn how to get shots like above or shots like Nancy did with her D40.

Yeah that's What i Thought but if i get it under $300 i might consider....wouldn't you??

Nope. I mean, this is a one time purchase for you it sounds (whereas I may upgrade bodies every couple years). Are you really going to let $50 stand in the way of a purchase that you'll hold on to for years?

Joe, I'll definitely PM you whenever I get ready to sell. Just waiting on my 1098-T from the university so we can file our taxes and then I'll be ordering it soon. Probably in the next month or two.

cool thanks nate, no rush.

Nope. I mean, this is a one time purchase for you it sounds (whereas I may upgrade bodies every couple years). Are you really going to let $50 stand in the way of a purchase that you'll hold on to for years?

You're Right! Thanks mate!

• 4 weeks later...

the thing is i "had" a budget but the owner of the D40X was kind of shady so i said deal off;

and since The City is going to close and has the D60 in IMO such a good price i thought well this maybe a one time deal...i 'd use my Credit card :(

• 1 month later...

After all this time i ended up buying this today @ IMO a decent price:

Evolt E-510 Digital SLR Camera Body

Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens

Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm f/4-5.6 Lens

What do yall think?

Ewww...they use CF Flash?

CF are actually much more durable than a SDHC card. A lot of the higher end cameras use CF cards too because if you are in Iraq shooting documentary stuff then you're stuff is going to get more abuse than the normal joe. CF cards are often faster too.

I ran Sandisk Extreme II and they were fine for me.

The E-510 Can Use xd-Picture Card , Compact Flash & Microdrive

I Was thinking of Buying a Kingston 8GB 20 MB/s Card what do you think CleanGSR?

20mbps is probably fine. Mine is 20mbps and I can only fire off about 5 shots at 4.5fps before maxing out the card. My camera is capable of doing 11 shots in a row before hitting the buffer so if I had a faster card I could fire more shots on continuos burst.....right now I don't need that enough to drop 100+ on a memory card though....20mbps will be fine for anything besides a lot of birding or sports.

Archived