anyone bought from this site

kg98921byrams

polyurethane all the way!! or carbonfiber.. if your loaded with skrill..

what the hell man? how many times did you hit the submit button?

probaly a 56ker, 20post 20 clicks :ninja:

sorry about that. you know when you click submit sometimes and it said "error." so i got piss of and kept clicking refresh button.

back to the subject. i got to have proof though that someone bought a kit from them. for CIVICRACINGGIRL7, what do you mean "they're usually pretty good about backing up their products if something should happen to them." how do you know that they are not a rip off? have actually bought froom them? if you check out their check-out info, it so simple and it don't give a lot of details. plus, they never mention the quality of their products, like they never mention if their bodykits are fiberglass, polyurethane, or plastic? plus, i couldn't even get in contact with them; i emailed them a couple of times, and they never returned any of my emails.

about the fiberglass, why wouldn't you recomend fiber glass?

Well, let's think about that question for a while.....

Okay. Walk outside and hit your car bumper. Not hard. Just give it a good flick with the tips of your fingers. Sounds somewhat solid doesn't it? That's urethane. (Plastic pretty much) Now take a trip down to your local Saturn dealership and tell them you know nothing about Saturns. Tell them you've heard they're all urethane except the hood, roof, and trunk lid. Ask them why that is and ask them to demonstrate. I used to sell these dumb cars so I know what's up. Anyways, Whenever someone came in we'd explain to them about why Satrun uses urethane. We'd walk them over to the car that was cut in half to show the supports, and such. Then pound the crap out of a fender. You know what would happen?? NOTHING! The fender would pop back and chill like nothing ever happened to it! no paint fell off nothing. Best of all the uretane was just fine. Ready for another beating.

Think about that and then think about this:

You have little strands of fibers layed over each other to about a quarter inch thick at most. Think of what that thin, brittle, weak piece of overlapped fibers would do if you walked up to it and gave it a good flick.... Hopefully yoursaying to yourself "uh, break" cause that's what it would do!

Urathane: Good, durable, strong, very resistant

Fiberglass: Bad, Brittle, Flimsy, likes to break! (and that's bad)

BTW: You may think body kits are cheap at that place and they'll replace them should anyting ever happen to them, blah blah blah. Why even deal with that? I'm telling you, you get what you pay for. You pay cheap prices you get cheap crap man! Yeah they may replace but then you still have to go get a new piece repainted all the time. While that's being done you have a stock bumper with the rest of a body kit, you have to put it on and off all the time. Or you can be an idiot and come pay me about $800 to color match paint with the rest of the car, strip the old pint off the kit, paint the new one, put it on.... It's a lot of $$ and headaches but there's people that do it all the time cause they bought crapty body kits. Trust me man. Go with some place you've heard of. Look through a magazine. If 90% of people in there have Wings West and one car has a kit from some place you've never heard of, buy the Wings West. People buy the expensive stuff for a reason. It may be cheaper now, but it'll be much more expensive in the long run!!!

Yeah the paint will, if they do it right. Fiberglass is hard to paint if not prepared PERFECTLY! The paint will last but who cares about what the paint looks like when the rest of your front bumper is cracked to all hell with a hole it in from hitting a rock!

I don't mean to talk to you like you're an idiot. Sorry if it's coming off that way but man whe you own a shop and you see how cheesie some of this stuff is and people buy it anyways, then come back to you all the time you see it first hand. It kind of frustrates me cause they keep coming back for the same crap but yet it makes me happy cause, hey, more $$ for me!!! :D

sorry about that. you know when you click submit sometimes and it said "error." so i got piss of and kept clicking refresh button.

back to the subject. i got to have proof though that someone bought a kit from them. for CIVICRACINGGIRL7, what do you mean "they're usually pretty good about backing up their products if something should happen to them." how do you know that they are not a rip off? have actually bought froom them? if you check out their check-out info, it so simple and it don't give a lot of details. plus, they never mention the quality of their products, like they never mention if their bodykits are fiberglass, polyurethane, or plastic? plus, i couldn't even get in contact with them; i emailed them a couple of times, and they never returned any of my emails.

like i said, they are located like 15-20 minutes from me. my sister's boyfriend has bought a lot of crap from them. he ended up getting a CF hood, and a month or so later the protective layer started peeling. he took pictures, sent the pics to impact, and they got a new hood for him.

It honestly won't take much! One of my friends has a Golf that's all kitted. He had the side of his front bumper cracked to crap from a semi that threw a rock up and it hit his car. You know how sometimes when you park the spot might angle down or something? If you have a stick you know, sometimes you roll forward and nudge the curb, your bumper doesn't crack or anything you just nudge it trying to back out. Well, do that with a fiberglass kit on the front. For some reason with fibergalss the pressure points and strong points aren't where they should be. Or where you would think they'd be. You think oh it's strong enough to take this bump like most other bumpers but nope!

Long story short it's doesn't take much! Honestly you might as well drive highways and crap like that, just do what you normally would with a regular bumper. Your kit's going to crack and break, no doubt about it. It's just a matter of time. Just when it does, buy urethane. You'll sell the car with 500,000 miles on it before that bad boy crakcs up!

BTW: You may think body kits are cheap at that place and they'll replace them should anyting ever happen to them, blah blah blah. Why even deal with that? I'm telling you, you get what you pay for. You pay cheap prices you get cheap crap man! Yeah they may replace but then you still have to go get a new piece repainted all the time. While that's being done you have a stock bumper with the rest of a body kit, you have to put it on and off all the time. Or you can be an idiot and come pay me about $800 to color match paint with the rest of the car, strip the old pint off the kit, paint the new one, put it on.... It's a lot of $$ and headaches but there's people that do it all the time cause they bought crapty body kits. Trust me man. Go with some place you've heard of. Look through a magazine. If 90% of people in there have Wings West and one car has a kit from some place you've never heard of, buy the Wings West. People buy the expensive stuff for a reason. It may be cheaper now, but it'll be much more expensive in the long run!!!

you right about having to paint it again cause the kit was crappy. about the $800 getting it painted is ridicoulus. i could get it paint in Maaco for $200. and don't tell me that Maaco is a bad place to get a car painted cause my day had has an 84' nissan sentra, he got it painted like six years ago, and the paint is still in good condition.

Hey sometimes Maaco does a good job. If you say they did then I have nothing bad to say.

$800 is my charge to:

Remove remaining body kit pieces

Strip all paints, primers, etc from kit

Sand entire kit (including new piece or pieces)

Prep fiberglass for painting

Read paint on car for color matching paint

Mixing color matched paint 99% accuracy

Primer entire kit

Paint entire kit

Clearcoat entire kit

Wax AND buff car (2 coats)

Wax AND buff body kit

Re-install body kit

Wave at you and smile as you leave my parking lot and drive down the road

You know how sometimes when you park the spot might angle down or something? If you have a stick you know, sometimes you roll forward and nudge the curb, your bumper doesn't crack or anything you just nudge it trying to back out.

learn to use the ebake right and you won't roll forward :D

You know how sometimes when you park the spot might angle down or something? If you have a stick you know, sometimes you roll forward and nudge the curb, your bumper doesn't crack or anything you just nudge it trying to back out.

learn to use the ebake right and you won't roll forward :D

using the ebrake to back out of a slight inclined parking space = ridiculous

using the ebrake to back out of a slight inclined parking space = ridiculous

how is it ridiculous??? pull the ebrake up enough so that the car doesn't roll, and let your clutch out like usual...maybe a little more gas. you don't roll forward any, and its easy as hell to do. although, you could just use the regular brake, but stupid people can't work all three pedals at one time........i'm lucky enough to not be one of those stupid people. :laugh:

Urathane: Good, durable, strong, very resistant

Fiberglass: Bad, Brittle, Flimsy, likes to break! (and that's bad)

hmmm agreed.. except that urethane cost twice as much but overrall worth it

Yeah um, I use the ebrake sometimes. If it's a big enough angle that I have to. Otherwise I just give it a little more gas. Or, sometimes I'm just a smart ass and rev the crap out of it, and pop the cluch burning out in reverse. That is not recommended as being a common practice though!

Yeah um, I use the ebrake sometimes. If it's a big enough angle that I have to. Otherwise I just give it a little more gas. Or, sometimes I'm just a smart ass and rev the crap out of it, and pop the cluch burning out in reverse. That is not recommended as being a common practice though!

on slight parking lot inclines? huh:laugh:

No. Not in a f*cking parking lot. Okay maybe they don't have these situations wher you live but where I do they're around.

You park along a street, like angled parking along a curb, not parallel. Got it? Okay angled parking and the spots all kind of angle down at the curb......Get it? Picture pulling into a spot, putting your car in neutral and it rolls forward down the little angle instead of rolling backwards or sitting still. How was that for a description???

How to Remove a Bumper (5th Gen)

- Remove the 5 screws that are along the top of the bumper cover, next to the hood latch.

- Remove the screw that attaches the bumper cover to the front quarter-panel, located in the wheel well - one on each side.

- Remove 2 bolts located beneath the bumper, on the underside of the car.

- Pull the bumper cover forward and out, set aside.

Archived