I HATE these decisisons

CleanGSR

I agree on saving the money. Unless the suspension needs replacement right now, leave it alone for a little while. It sucks, I know, but there are many more important things you may end up needing the money for.

Actually I'm not making a thread until it happens for good, but 99% sure that our money situation is completely solved.

Within a month our credit card will be paid off, mortgage payment will be less, and we have no car payments. So we should be able to get by each month easily and still put about 200/month into savings. I could "live" with the suspension, but yes it's very old and doesn't ride to great. Tires are also needing replaced but I've possibly found HX rims with new tires for 250 which is cheaper than new tires would be alone.

Edit: My wife and I agreed that I would get to have 3000 for a car (which is dirt cheap) and that if I settled for something cheaper than 3000 I could put the rest of it into the car to make the car a little better. I got such a good deal on the car that I am able to afford to do this. I know it doesn't seem rational and if our other money problems weren't in the process of being solved (seriously it's like 99.9%) then I wouldn't consider putting money into the car.

I just don't want to seem selfish or irresponsible for putting money into my car with our current finances.....that's why I want you guys to understand that our financial situation is drastically being improved.

Actually I'm not making a thread until it happens for good, but 99% sure that our money situation is completely solved.

Within a month our credit card will be paid off, mortgage payment will be less, and we have no car payments. So we should be able to get by each month easily and still put about 200/month into savings. I could "live" with the suspension, but yes it's very old and doesn't ride to great. Tires are also needing replaced but I've possibly found HX rims with new tires for 250 which is cheaper than new tires would be alone.

Edit: My wife and I agreed that I would get to have 3000 for a car (which is dirt cheap) and that if I settled for something cheaper than 3000 I could put the rest of it into the car to make the car a little better. I got such a good deal on the car that I am able to afford to do this. I know it doesn't seem rational and if our other money problems weren't in the process of being solved (seriously it's like 99.9%) then I wouldn't consider putting money into the car.

I just don't want to seem selfish or irresponsible for putting money into my car with our current finances.....that's why I want you guys to understand that our financial situation is drastically being improved.

It's great to hear that things are looking better financially. I don't know if you have a timeframe that you're looking to get the suspension, but maybe wait 2-3 months if it isn't bad enough to need to be replaced right now? Then you'll have the CC paid off (ideally), and you'll know where you stand on your bills (if your mortgage does end up lower) before actually purchasing it. I know what it's like to go back to a stock height ride (there are very few times I can say I enjoy it in the Prelude, lol), but I wouldn't want anything to happen to you guys financially again and for you to be as stressed as before.

Archived