1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse.

Repsol

nice pick up man! car looks GREAT for only 1k :thumbsup:

DSM Haters :sleep2:

after the Si gets built a little (comtemplating on buying a a/c compatable B series turbo kit that came off my friends CRVtec EK9 for 1,500. complete kit except the ecu) but after that ill probally buy a ZX10R, then im coming for you johnny :devil:

i do likey evos :thumbsup:

just not talons, eclipses, etc.

like i said, that's b/c of what i've seen out of them.

snap-crackle-pop

Lmfao. That's a DSM for ya. Honda's are pretty much bulletproof stock, knock on wood. I'm not saying they all are, but mine has been through hell. It doesn't huff or anything. :D Not looking to be bashed or anything but my car has seen rev limiter soooooo many times it's not even funny. Runs like a champ. *knock on wood*

Nice double post, n00b. :laugh:

hush, my internet was lagging REALLY bad yesterday so it double posted i guess... you know me even with laggy ass internet im still going to get my HF fix, LOL :laugh:

Ouch >_< . I'll take the Beemer. Reliability > speed...

Bimmer = reliabilty and speed :thumbsup:

DSM???

I like motors that don't crank walk right from the factory, At least they tell you what you need right off the bat.

Detailed

Service

Manual

I've only seen one DSM (Not Evo) that I would even make me consider a DSM, and it will run 9's and makes short work of 800hp vette's.

Lmfao. That's a DSM for ya. Honda's are pretty much bulletproof stock, knock on wood. I'm not saying they all are, but mine has been through hell. It doesn't huff or anything. :D Not looking to be bashed or anything but my car has seen rev limiter soooooo many times it's not even funny. Runs like a champ. *knock on wood*

It doesn't make enough power to even hurt itself. :fool:

DSM???

I like motors that don't crank walk right from the factory, At least they tell you what you need right off the bat.

Detailed

Service

Manual

I've only seen one DSM (Not Evo) that I would even make me consider a DSM, and it will run 9's and makes short work of 800hp vette's.

LMFAO.

It doesn't make enough power to even hurt itself. :fool:

I completely agree. 105 WHP from factory FTMFW. 99WTQ. XD

DSM???

Detailed

Service

Manual

Here's one that runs 7s.

3 times, then you throw a rod :laugh:

Like I said previous, comes down to maintenance. I'd be willing to bet that every motor that failed catastrophically, was horribly maintained. The kid in that video didn't sound any different.

Like I said previous, comes down to maintenance. I'd be willing to bet that every motor that failed catastrophically, was horribly maintained. The kid in that video didn't sound any different.

I believe it, just messing with ya :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
I believe it, just messing with ya :thumbsup:

Actually, after doing even more reading, I've found out the cause for their lack of reliability. Maintenance *and* stupid ricer kids modifying these cars improperly. Even a Honda, when modded without being tuned properly, will not be reliable. So it still comes down to stupid ricers, making DSMs look bad. It's what happens when you can make cheap power.

Archived