1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse.

Repsol

Bought this car for really cheap. Car runs great, just needs new battery, alternator, and a starter. Heres some before and after Pictures.

Before:

DSC00792.jpg

After:

DSC00813.jpg

Before:

DSC00793.jpg

After:

DSC00814.jpg

Before:

DSC00801.jpg

After:

DSC00816.jpg

Engine Before:

DSC00802.jpg

Engine After:

DSC00817.jpg

Nice pick-up. Always liked that generation of eclipse, although I don't know about you but I prefer the hard top.

Looks pretty decent after a wash, is it a winter beater or why's you buy it other than being cheap?

I forgot how big those back bumpers really are, she's got a fat ass.

Wasn't glazed with anything, just carwash and a rag, and a shammy. :D It's got 131K on it. Picked it up for $1000. Going to turn around and sell it for like $3500. :D

Wasn't glazed with anything, just carwash and a rag, and a shammy. :D It's got 131K on it. Picked it up for $1000. Going to turn around and sell it for like $3500. :D

Good luck. DSM FTL.

good man, do it :thumbsup:

Dude, keep it, boost it, and run it ragged. I think the next car i build will be one of these.

I think less of you Tubbith :sleep2:

Good luck. DSM FTL.

agreed. motors blow like crazy. you can make cheap power, but not reliable power. trust me, got two friends with DSMs and both have had nothing but problems.

agreed. motors blow like crazy. you can make cheap power, but not reliable power. trust me, got two friends with DSMs and both have had nothing but problems.

Reliability of these motors typically come down to maintenance. Sure, you can go fast for cheap, but at what cost? If you're going to do things right, you spend the money and do it right. Been browsing a DSM forum lately looking for tips and tricks in my rebuild. The general consensus is that everyone who talks about a catastrophic failure, maintains their car like crap.

Reliability of these motors typically come down to maintenance. Sure, you can go fast for cheap, but at what cost? If you're going to do things right, you spend the money and do it right. Been browsing a DSM forum lately looking for tips and tricks in my rebuild. The general consensus is that everyone who talks about a catastrophic failure, maintains their car like crap.

hmm, maybe that's it. you have one, so i'm looking forward to seeing what kind of luck you have with it. wish you the best of luck most definitely :thumbsup: never wanna hear somebody's ride dying. i'm just speaking from 2nd hand perspective, and quite possibly could've been maintenance with the two friends i have. i also drove an eclipse gs-t that had some serious turbo problems, but that i'm sure was maintenance related.

hmm, maybe that's it. you have one, so i'm looking forward to seeing what kind of luck you have with it. wish you the best of luck most definitely :thumbsup: never wanna hear somebody's ride dying. i'm just speaking from 2nd hand perspective, and quite possibly could've been maintenance with the two friends i have. i also drove an eclipse gs-t that had some serious turbo problems, but that i'm sure was maintenance related.

Don't worry. There will be a thread, and lots of pics.

Very cool. While they get a bad rep, I'm pretty sure that if you build the bottom end and do some stuff they can be hugely reliable.

But who would want to do all that work for a DSM lol. I want one want to trade for my camry. hahahaha

Thats ok, i have seen first hand the kind of power they can put down. Yes, i will have to fix something every weekend, but what kind of project would i have if i didnt have to work on it.

Im thinkin '97 GSX.. that shal be the project.. :thumbsup:

Thats ok, i have seen first hand the kind of power they can put down. Yes, i will have to fix something every weekend, but what kind of project would i have if i didnt have to work on it.

Im thinkin '97 GSX.. that shal be the project..:thumbsup:

haha sweet. get a harley while you're at it :thumbsup:

since you like fixing stuff :D

nice pick up man! car looks GREAT for only 1k :thumbsup:

Good luck. DSM FTL.
good man, do it :thumbsup:

DSM Haters :sleep2:

after the Si gets built a little (comtemplating on buying a a/c compatable B series turbo kit that came off my friends CRVtec EK9 for 1,500. complete kit except the ecu) but after that ill probally buy a ZX10R, then im coming for you johnny :devil:

Archived