Chicago at night

sup

Went on a photo adventure last night armed with my tripod. Great night altogether. I'll post pics here as a finish them.

IMG_5417w.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, that's right next to Water Tower Place, and the Hancock Tower. I stayed not a block from there when I was last in Chicago.

If I'm not mistaken, that's right next to Water Tower Place, and the Hancock Tower. I stayed not a block from there when I was last in Chicago.

Yep, right next to the Hancock Center

Awesome photos dude. Why did that guy move in such a weird direction during that long exposure? lol

Must be some alien technology :crazy:

Man I f*cking love Chicago. I'm going to have to make another trip soon. Do you live in Chicago proper, or one of the outlying suburbs?

Proper, I go to DePaul and my dorm is in Lincoln Park on Fullerton Ave. My home is in the west 'burbs though which is where I am for today.

^^ no its the us food service

Answering sups question about why the Billy Goat Tavern is famous. I seem to remember an SNL skit with the cheezborger, cheezborger, cheezborger in it.

Answering sups question about why the Billy Goat Tavern is famous. I seem to remember an SNL skit with the cheezborger, cheezborger, cheezborger in it.

ahh ok sorry i didnt know<<(took alot of effert to typ that clean

Does it have something to do with John Belushi, and SNL?

ding ding ding

BTW, I realize that the very first pic is the Sears Tower. I was told by Chicagoites, that the Hancock Tower was nearly as good a view, and much cheaper.(free)

:buzzer: wrong!! That pic is the Hancock. They were both done by the same architects though so they're really similar looking.

Though it is true the Hancock Center view is better, and yes also cheaper.

ding ding ding

:buzzer: wrong!! That pic is the Hancock. They were both done by the same architects though so they're really similar looking.

Though it is true the Hancock Center view is better, and yes also cheaper.

They look exactly alike from the ground. The only way I can tell a difference is from a distance where you can see the Hancock Tower get more slender as it rises.

man i was up until 7am this morning...had a bad cough for a week now (after just recovering from 2 weeks of flu), so I'm up every night coughing my ass off, cant get to sleep! is doing my head in now, aint had proper sleep for over a week :(. feel like a right zombie today

also, that trump tower pic rules! what kinda exposure do you use to get such clear pics at night?

Long exposures + tripod + city lights

More pics

IMG_5480w.jpg

IMG_5493w.jpg

IMG_5495w.jpg

IMG_5509w.jpg

Only been once, stayed at The Seneca. At first I thought it was crap, but by the end of my stay I understood the charm, and the location was fantastic. Block from the lake, next to Water Tower Place and The Hancock Tower.

Archived