lowering??

jaymichael13

1. For daily driving purposes (work, school, groceries, etc) your best bet is Tein S-Tech. It will drop your car about 2 inches in height and your OEM shocks will handle these just fine. My OEM shocks are currently at 140K+ on Tein S-Tech and still standing strong.

2. For racing/tracking purposes invest yourself in a good set of fully adjustable coilovers (ie. tein, buddy club, skunk2, etc.). Make sure you do research to see which one will best fit your needs and budget. It will be very rewarding and in my humble experience it's worth every penny.

This might possibly be the best HF noob post of the year. I agree completely. Tein's are great on stock shocks for a daily, but they're a really soft spring rate so you'd want something stiffer for track or auto-x use. I'd add to your number 2 point that Koni Yellows with Ground Controls is a hard to beat combo as well.

Not saying anything bad about you! Cause I know you are a great guy! Just pointing out a few things! :thumbsup:

Well there's 2 ways you can look at it!

1 It seems that new people are a little on the lazy side! >_<

2 At least there is activity, and while it may be somewhat redundant, it is still nice to help people out! :)

I still enjoy trying to impart any wisdom I may have accumulated (not much) along the way, and enjoy the youthful enthusiasm that is displayed! Plus I still learn, and find new things I did not know or realize! Also keep in mind that people getting a little but hurt over having to repeat themselves, is the major downfall of SolSociety! Also that is the main reason why there are so few new members, and so many lurkers. That never post and and when they ask the obvious questions, or something that gets asked every 3 months, they get jumped on and told to search noob, or something like that! Rather than just saying " Oh yeah some one asked that a week ago" try posting a link to that thread, or tell them where it is!

Having said all that, I very much enjoy my time here, and am glad I am not a member of another dying forum! The people on here are for the most part good people, and my Aim buddy list has doubled since coming over here! So just keep in mind new is good, and without it we stagnate!

+1, ive registered on the civic eg forums, and i have recived no help, ive asked the same questions on here and got tons of help and advice, it comes down to this being the only forum for me, i didnt even get a welcome at civic eg, i think i registered for honda-tech to and got no welcome or anything there either...thanks guys, for caring :happy:

k. 2000 honda civic si, want about 2+ drop... what would be better...........Skunk2 Racing Lowering Springs.... just the spring. 2.25drop front and 2drop rear............ or....................TOKICO Illumina Series 1.75-Inch Drop Advanced Handling System ??? ??? ??? overall which would be better skunk2 is going for 160 the tokico is 559$ ... but performance wise which would more logical for a dailydriver/ tuner??
why dont you cut da springs for free ######

Here are the nominations for best noob post of the year:

1. For daily driving purposes (work, school, groceries, etc) your best bet is Tein S-Tech. It will drop your car about 2 inches in height and your OEM shocks will handle these just fine. My OEM shocks are currently at 140K+ on Tein S-Tech and still standing strong.

2. For racing/tracking purposes invest yourself in a good set of fully adjustable coilovers (ie. tein, buddy club, skunk2, etc.). Make sure you do research to see which one will best fit your needs and budget. It will be very rewarding and in my humble experience it's worth every penny.

why dont you cut da springs for free ######

And the award goes to....

Archived