lowering??

jaymichael13

k. 2000 honda civic si, want about 2+ drop... what would be better...........Skunk2 Racing Lowering Springs.... just the spring. 2.25drop front and 2drop rear............ or....................TOKICO Illumina Series 1.75-Inch Drop Advanced Handling System ????????? overall which would be better skunk2 is going for 160 the tokico is 559$ ... but performance wise which would more logical for a dailydriver/ tuner??

k. 2000 honda civic si, want about 2+ drop... what would be better...........Skunk2 Racing Lowering Springs.... just the spring. 2.25drop front and 2drop rear............ or....................TOKICO Illumina Series 1.75-Inch Drop Advanced Handling System ??? ??? ??? overall which would be better skunk2 is going for 160 the tokico is 559$ ... but performance wise which would more logical for a dailydriver/ tuner??

If you do the springs you need to add about $300 to that for good struts(KYB AGX's) :thumbsup:

wasnt there just a thread on this less than a week ago?

Not saying anything bad about you! Cause I know you are a great guy! Just pointing out a few things! :thumbsup:

Well there's 2 ways you can look at it!

1 It seems that new people are a little on the lazy side! >_<

2 At least there is activity, and while it may be somewhat redundant, it is still nice to help people out! :)

I still enjoy trying to impart any wisdom I may have accumulated (not much) along the way, and enjoy the youthful enthusiasm that is displayed! Plus I still learn, and find new things I did not know or realize! Also keep in mind that people getting a little but hurt over having to repeat themselves, is the major downfall of SolSociety! Also that is the main reason why there are so few new members, and so many lurkers. That never post and and when they ask the obvious questions, or something that gets asked every 3 months, they get jumped on and told to search noob, or something like that! Rather than just saying " Oh yeah some one asked that a week ago" try posting a link to that thread, or tell them where it is!

Having said all that, I very much enjoy my time here, and am glad I am not a member of another dying forum! The people on here are for the most part good people, and my Aim buddy list has doubled since coming over here! So just keep in mind new is good, and without it we stagnate!

Edited by mpearce1974

well said mike, my-b just not having a great start to my day 'tis all lol.

Like I said not really directed at you! :thumbsup: Just seen it a million times on SS, and really dont want it to happen in my new home! :D You are and have been a stand up guy, and have always been helpful, to me, and every one else! I have much respect for you man! :wub:

there is no point in just getting the springs. either get new springs and shocks, or get a nice coilover setup so you can adjust ride height and stiffness

+1

If you get lowering springs, there's a good chance you'll blow your stock shocks. So you might as well upgrade those too while you're at it.

The skunk2's with some good struts will be sufficient and cost you less.

If you do a search, you can find MANY threads about suspension setups here.You can look through those and figure out which brands are more to your liking, as opposed to waiting for replies here. If you have any further questions, feel free to continue asking here though. :thumbsup:

These should be sufficient:

http://www.hondaforums.com/index.php?showt...p;hl=suspension

Edited by wannaBstuntin

If you get something with a soft spring rate, you shouldn't have any problem with blowing the stock shocks. I ran the Tein S-tech's (which were designed to use with OEM shocks and are pretty soft) for 20-30,000 miles on the del sol and never blew the stock shocks. I plan to get s-tech's for my accord and don't plan to upgrade the shocks and I'm almost positive I'll be fine.

If you get lowering springs, there's a good chance you'll blow your stock shocks. So you might as well upgrade those too while you're at it.

This is based on what I've read here at the forums, not personal experience. I've always gotten struts to go along with springs.

If you get something with a soft spring rate, you shouldn't have any problem with blowing the stock shocks. I ran the Tein S-tech's (which were designed to use with OEM shocks and are pretty soft) for 20-30,000 miles on the del sol and never blew the stock shocks. I plan to get s-tech's for my accord and don't plan to upgrade the shocks and I'm almost positive I'll be fine.

...but if Nate ^ says he's had personal experience NOT blowing his shocks, then take his word over mine. I don't know how soft the skunk2's are though...

the illumina's are a little pricy tho including 200 sum dollar skunk2 lowerin.. tough decision. but with the illumina you get the " adding handeling" lol. hmm.. would i be better just buyin the 500 dollar tokico illumina kit.that inclues tokico springs and shocks?

that would be fine to just less of a drop...both the skunk2 and s-techs ive heard are great springs havent heard much about tokico springs never used them...if the illuminas are to expensive the hp's are good to just for oem replacements and im sure you could pair up with either of the 2 springs...i got them paired with s techs but i wish i would have got the illuminas instead of the hp's

My newest goal is comfort so running S-tech's with stock shocks will be most comfortable. That setup on my Del Sol rode about 99% as good as stock ride quality with a little better handling.

I personally wouldn't waste my money swapping shocks when my springs are designed to run with stock shocks. Even if they are 100k (Mine are 158,000), it only takes 2-3 hours to swap the shocks if they blow.

Im no professional at this, but i would def recommend getting new struts. I have a set of adjustable coilovers and i really didnt like how they fit with the stock struts, (also ended up snapping my bottom strut bolt which was a royal pain in my...) but I ordered a set of tokico blues, you can get them pretty cheap. My buddy was actually running coilovers on stock struts, they blew, and one actually blew through the strut tower into the hood.

Im no professional at this, but i would def recommend getting new struts. I have a set of adjustable coilovers and i really didnt like how they fit with the stock struts, (also ended up snapping my bottom strut bolt which was a royal pain in my...) but I ordered a set of tokico blues, you can get them pretty cheap. My buddy was actually running coilovers on stock struts, they blew, and one actually blew through the strut tower into the hood.

THat's because your coilovers weren't designed to work with stock shocks. They are stiffer so would need a stiffer shock to go with them. Tein S-tech's and H-tech's were designed around the stock shock with a softer spring rate. They will give about 95% close to stock ride quality when used with stock shocks.

1. For daily driving purposes (work, school, groceries, etc) your best bet is Tein S-Tech. It will drop your car about 2 inches in height and your OEM shocks will handle these just fine. My OEM shocks are currently at 140K+ on Tein S-Tech and still standing strong.

2. For racing/tracking purposes invest yourself in a good set of fully adjustable coilovers (ie. tein, buddy club, skunk2, etc.). Make sure you do research to see which one will best fit your needs and budget. It will be very rewarding and in my humble experience it's worth every penny.

Edited by team_wannabe