well i FINALLY found my pics of my bimmer so here they are hope you guys like them:

Parked At Work, look at all the old ass military trucks in the background, lol

IMG003.jpg

Out In Front Of My Barracks

MyBimmer.jpg

Red, White, and Blue E30's Kind Of Ironic... lol

03-11-08_0931.jpg

these were when i first got the car and it was in okay condition, the guy that owned it before me didnt take car of it at all, it had a rust spot on the dirvers fender and the hood was black and was rusting, so i ordered a CF hood from the auto shop in downtown baumholder... what suprised me was that the guy at inspection said that i had one of the nicest E30's that he has seen in germany in a LONG time, i took that as a big compliment, seening that there are like a billion E30s running around in germany...

whats really funny about the whole thing is i didnt even notice that i parked like that, i was last to park b/c i was late getting to work, i got out put a cigarette in my mouth, looked at my car and was like "WOAHHH!! thats weird" lol

im trying to upload a vid of me being bored at night the day i got the HKS intake on but photobucket is taking FOREVER to upload it... its kind of dark but you can hear the car :)

it FINALLY finished uploading!!! this is the night i installed the HKS super hi flow intake kit on my BMW, i was soo bored that night, and it added alot of noticable power... i think i drove around for a few hours just listening and seeing how much a difference that intake made, lol

th_MOV00504.jpg

yeah i love E30's and i really love mine, i want to send it back to the states but it costs too much to ship it because they have to convert it to US specs stupid 20 year old classic car rule, mine will be 19 years old when i go back to the states >_<

but it would cost me $4,200 to get everything converted and i got the car for only $550 and dumped alot into it but the guy that wants to buy it offered $3,000 which will put me out on top about $1,000.. i really dont want to get rid of it though...

I always thought that BMWs were some of the most handsome cars on the road, regarless of what model or what year. Even old four doors like this look great to me (I know yours is two door but the one behind it in the third pic isn't).

i dont like many models of BMWs but i LOVE the E30, they are beautiful if done the right way... if i do get rid of it im going to be depressed for a while :(

but there is just one tiny issue about that... im leaving germany 3 months after i get back from iraq, and i would get my friend to hold it for a year and then ship it, but i have to be there to sign the paper work when i drop it off and when i pick it up... and if i did get to keep it, that would be my DD b/c it gets great gas milage

Why can't you just ship it right before you leave? You'll get back to the states way quicker than the car would. Also, I liked the old BMW 850. Never really was a fan of anything else.

b/c it cost 4,200 to ship it and i got the car for only 550 but i really dont want to let it go

Then that's a decision that you have to make. I know in the Army you make money, and really don't have to spend too much.

its not the registration that costs 4,200. its the initial shipping and converting to US specs because it is a Euro spec BMW (non shatter proof glass, KM/H gauges, needs different front and rear bumper supports, and a few other things i cant remember) the registration is not a problem its the converting thats costing all the money... im still debating it right now...

by US law your car has to be 20 years old to be classified as a classic car... I go back to the states october 2009, my car on the other hand is a 1990, so it will be 19 years old when i go back to the states >_< that is my HUGE problem, oh and i cant change out the VIN number, already though of that, i cant because the VIN is stamped on the frame of my BMW.

So does that mean if it were a classic car then you wouldn't have to convert everything or what? IOW, what benefit would it bring you. All I know is that when your car turns classic you can order those cool brown license plates. :)

Archived