making an 05 coupe look good?

m3gach33zy

yeah well i wasn't exactly looking for something thats ordinary. i wanted to see if anyong has anything special that kinda stands out. and nice lookin coupe. and idk if anything can be done cosmetically thts really nice.

The main opinion your going to get on here is to keep it looking stock, and just clean it up a bit. No one here really likes bodykist and all that, so if that is what your looking for, you probably wont get much from us on this..

yeah well i wasn't exactly looking for something thats ordinary. i wanted to see if anyong has anything special that kinda stands out. and nice lookin coupe. and idk if anything can be done cosmetically thts really nice.

Me and you are the only ones here that have an 05 coupe AFAIK.

In fact, most of the vehicles on this site are 2000 and older.

I don't know what exactly you mean by standing out, but I personally try to keep mine as stock/clean looking as possible.

Tint/wheels would be the best 2 cosmetic upgrades you could start with.

What color is yours btw?

Well i'm in a silver one. I wanted to either paint it and go black or an onyx color. Tint's are probably what i'm goin to go for first because its the cheapest. and as for like body stuff idk i'm not 100% into body kits really but i like them because it makes you look a little diffeent. I like the looks of this one

but the rear doesnt appeal to me. Then i was wondering about carbon fiber parts too. I was thinking of a CF hood but i'm not sure how it'll look. I cant really find anyone who has anything done to an 05 coupe. if you can show me some stuff that people have done that'd be great.

That body kit is decent. A little too much for me though.

This is more or less what I'm shooting for...

2316844821_f19605d196_o.jpg

2316844985_b239c8985f_o.jpg

A CF hood would be nice...I'm considering it, but not for a while

Look for VIS or SEIBON, not imitations

People don't tent to mod newer cars as much because of void warranties and such, but I'm sure you can find more stuff on youtube and google search.

I'd recommend some nice 5 spoke wheels in gunmetal, silver, or even white. Check out tirerack to see some previews.

Lower it on some good struts and Eibach Sportline springs.

What other kind of looks are you going for?

Welcome to HF and post pics if you can.

Hopefully you stick around, because it's lonely being the only 05 Civic here.:thumbsup:

Firstly welcome to HF! And year basically people here myself included are more for the clean cut look in cars. Theres a few that stray out a bit with the body kits, etc. I'll even admit I'm not against it just wouldn't ever kit my car. Some cars when done up right can look pretty sweet with a nice kit. Like the civic Ryan posted looks pretty damn good IMO.

Best bet is to do some research and see what you come up that YOU like. Its your car. And once you find that and if you have questions then we'd be glad to help.

IMO your car would look friggin sick with a CF lip, hood, chrome polished rota slip streams, and lowered just enough... and maybe a few touchup things like yellow fogs and HID lights :thumbsup:

and the video that ryan posted up reminded me why i never liked the EM2 very much... the back looks kind of like a focus bleh

IMO your car would look friggin sick with a CF lip, hood, chrome polished rota slip streams, and lowered just enough... and maybe a few touchup things like yellow fogs and HID lights :thumbsup:

and the video that ryan posted up reminded me why i never liked the EM2 very much... the back looks kind of like a focus bleh

I know you're talking to him but...

I'd do a CF lip, but probably only do a CF hood if I'm converting a lot of things to CF and painting it all.

I hate chrome wheels. I'm doing black. They might look good on a silver car though.

I've been debating between yellow and clear fogs for a while now. I used to hate yellow ones, but I'm liking them more and more.

I'll probably still do clear though, because I want a cleaner look.

HIDs maybe wayyyy in the future.

And the focus looks like the civic, not the other way around. :thumbsup:

Only thing I don't like about this generation Civic is it weighs more.

IMG_0954-1.jpg

I know you're talking to him but...

I'd do a CF lip, but probably only do a CF hood if I'm converting a lot of things to CF and painting it all.

I hate chrome wheels. I'm doing black. They might look good on a silver car though.

I've been debating between yellow and clear fogs for a while now. I used to hate yellow ones, but I'm liking them more and more.

I'll probably still do clear though, because I want a cleaner look.

HIDs maybe wayyyy in the future.

And the focus looks like the civic, not the other way around.:thumbsup:

Only thing I don't like about this generation Civic is it weighs more.

IMG_0954-1.jpg

the chrome slips would look great on silver, there is a guy back at my house with a 00 blue Si coupe with chrome slips and its GORGEOUS!!!

and yeah i know the focus looks like the civic but all i think when i see those tail lights is.... focus... and i think HID's with yellow fogs look GREAT b/c you got the yellow right in front of the car then it changes to blueish from the HIDs and it looks mean! but me i would never paint CF i think both of your cars would look great with CF lips and hoods :thumbsup:

non painted lol

Archived