Stratus R/T

I know this is dumb, but I wanted to know what you all thought...

So my friend has a Stratus R/T and after work the other night, we were both on the highway going home and I decided to have a little fun and just test her.

So I revved a little, then drpped down into 4th @ about 60. We both took off, and I kept side by side with her all the way to 105, then I barely started pulling away from her.

Afterwards she said she saw 105 and started slowing down, and she also said she was in 5th the whole time.

So should I be embarrassed or proud that I was able to stay with her from a roll, but I was in 4th and she was in 5th?

She also said that because of the curb weight that I'd probably beat her off the line from a stop.

Depends which engine is in the R/T the 4banger or v6? And you got the d17 correct? I wouldn't expect a whole lot so sounds like you'll doing pretty good. I remembered my z6 in my sol beat my friends civic (same as yours just a few years older), and as well known my engine crapped out on me a few months later so hadnt scene its best days apparently.

Nonetheless. *Slaps on wrist*

No street racing!

To be fair, that is a rather large car. According to Wikipedia, the R/T only came in a turbo version rated at 215 HP. Probably not enough to move that boat of a car quickly. I'd say the race happened about like it should.

Archived