suspension brand help

BLAZZER

hey all so i was looking around for some sick susupension to get for my 93 ex coupe (ej1) and was lookin around and i found some from tein the super circuit n1 type and they were loking preety good then i found some from moton and i really liked them the problem is i am looking for opinions on the 2 and i cant find anywere taht will sell moton or people that have evenheard of moton if some one could give me a link to a site or some info to a retailer some were in Canada or the States that would be greatly apreciated

here are the links for the suspension as well :D

tein: http://www.tein.com/products/n1.html

OR

Moton: http://www.kingmotorsports.com/category.aspx?cat=44 ( 4th pair down they are the 4way adjustable ones)

thnx everyone

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What type of driving do you want to do? First figure that out, and a budget of course, and then choose your suspension components.

The Tein system is going to be terrible on the street, its a race setup and will be far too stiff for daily use.

The Moton dampers are just that, dampers. They aren't a full coilover setup nor do they belong on a street car, those are high end racing shocks and a normal person wouldn't even have the first clue what to do with 4 way adjustability.

If you're going to go with Tein go with the Super-Street damper setup.

It has 16 way adjustability if I'm not mistaken and remember correctly, and can be quite soft on the street. I had it in my EJ6 a few years back.

What type of driving do you want to do? First figure that out, and a budget of course, and then choose your suspension components.

The Tein system is going to be terrible on the street, its a race setup and will be far too stiff for daily use.

The Moton dampers are just that, dampers. They aren't a full coilover setup nor do they belong on a street car, those are high end racing shocks and a normal person wouldn't even have the first clue what to do with 4 way adjustability.

well i like curcuit racing and drifting but i mean with these kinda suspesnion there deffently for circuit not drifting

as for moeny well it dsont really matter to some degree casue im buidling a street race car type(so i canrace on teh street as well on teh track xtremly well) i love the feel of stiff suspension as well just a personal prefrence)

ya i realize the moton is only dampers but i furgred with the right springs they could be farily good and thnx ls1 u asnwered part of ym question i didint even ask haha if they were just expensive due to brand name or if they infact were like insane high performance racing dampers

but after taht lil bit of info wat do u guys think suspension wise?

im bassicly looking for the best high end perfomrance i can get and i dont care about comfort i care about pure performace and reliability money isnt an issue

( lol and ive got an ok amount of knowledge working with adjsutalbe suspension like moton's 4 way and am deffently wanting to learn more :D

HOLY HELL! Some of that shti was going for like $11k! I never imagined dampers could be so expensive. I don't care how good they are, for that much money, you could buy a set of mugen dampers AND AN ITR TO PUT THEM ON!!! >_<

ok well as said moeny isnt a problem i am making a race car so rather then u guys telling me wat to do opinion on the suspesion type i lsited would be appreciated :)

10k on moton's for a 3,000 car? How about you sell your civic and buy an ITR instead and start there. Start with a better platform if you have 10g's to blow on suspension.

over here everyone has integra's i liek my civic dont get me wrong itr's are frikin nice but so is my civic and with the amount os moeny im putting in to it alrady 10k on dampers isnt a big deal for me

dude, youre really gonna spend 10gs on the motons?

jesus christ, get some PIC selects.

pic selects??

over here everyone has integra's i liek my civic dont get me wrong itr's are frikin nice but so is my civic and with the amount os moeny im putting in to it alrady 10k on dampers isnt a big deal for me

May I ask what motor setup you are using? (or intend to use)

Hey, did you see that HondaTuning cover story a few months back? Hassport's 4door teggy using remote reservoir moton shocks blew everyone out of the water in H1.

http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/feature...enge/index.html

May I ask what motor setup you are using? (or intend to use)

Hey, did you see that HondaTuning cover story a few months back? Hassport's 4door teggy using remote reservoir moton shocks blew everyone out of the water in H1.

http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/feature...enge/index.html

im dropping a k20a-r engine im still working out the turbo situation so far but after amrket pistons )race setup) crank rods all ballanced

pro racing sereis of some kind for cam gears and cranshaft work out the timing forged spirings valves valveguides and retainers

engine management system with a hondata k-pro setup and a individual throttle body system and jsut for kiks a toda anti g-force oil pan:P

( im flipping the engine 180 degrees so the intake faces the bumpers so ill neeed custom headers and exhaust) reason being becasue of the throttle body system.

this is jsut a tid bit of what im doing to my civic if u want u can pm me and ill give u a full spec list

then some kinda turbo im still working out details n such for best set up

wow thats preety sweet about the motons another reson why i want them ive heard good things about them but wanted to resarch a bit more and get some opinion before i dropped like 10-11k on them thnx for that link alex!!

you realize youll be in a class way over your head. nor have any traction.

and yes PIC selects are the best you can get/should get. PIC is the official coilover of NASAracing.

im dropping a k20a-r engine im still working out the turbo situation so far but after amrket pistons )race setup) crank rods all ballanced

pro racing sereis of some kind for cam gears and cranshaft work out the timing forged spirings valves valveguides and retainers

engine management system with a hondata k-pro setup and a individual throttle body system and jsut for kiks a toda anti g-force oil pan:P

( im flipping the engine 180 degrees so the intake faces the bumpers so ill neeed custom headers and exhaust) reason being becasue of the throttle body system.

this is jsut a tid bit of what im doing to my civic if u want u can pm me and ill give u a full spec list

then some kinda turbo im still working out details n such for best set up

ITBs AND boost!? Are you planning on tracking this car? Or just dragging it? Since you're looking into top-dollar dampers, I assume you want to race it on a track. If you want to track race it, from what all you are planning with that K, I don't think you're gonna have much need for a turbo. And yeah, the K series naturally sits with the intake facing the front. And they make headers for a k'ed civic now. You don't have to have custom ones made. But you'll need a turbo exhaust manifold if you're planning to turbo it, in which case, you probably will need custom piping. The manifolds themselves are small enough that they should fit in there without any problem. Have you ever built a turbo'd car before?

ITBs AND boost!? Are you planning on tracking this car? Or just dragging it? Since you're looking into top-dollar dampers, I assume you want to race it on a track. If you want to track race it, from what all you are planning with that K, I don't think you're gonna have much need for a turbo. And yeah, the K series naturally sits with the intake facing the front. And they make headers for a k'ed civic now. You don't have to have custom ones made. But you'll need a turbo exhaust manifold if you're planning to turbo it, in which case, you probably will need custom piping. The manifolds themselves are small enough that they should fit in there without any problem. Have you ever built a turbo'd car before?

no i havent ever built a turbo car before so taths why i was kinda iffy if i should and was still looking in to that a bit more (as well tahts kool i didint know the k motors sat backwards natrually tahts preety kool) , yes i am planning on a track car ( as well as it be street) sure it seems retarted and really uncommon but it wat i wanna do everyone has a dream/ fantasy car this is mine :D

ya thats wat i was thinking i would need some kind of custom piping if i was to turbo the car and in which case if i did im sure i would ahve to change from racing piston etc to a low comp. with some high end turbo pistons etc.

but aside from that either which way the engine goes im still not too sure on suspension set up tein or moton?

no i havent ever built a turbo car before so taths why i was kinda iffy if i should and was still looking in to that a bit more (as well tahts kool i didint know the k motors sat backwards natrually tahts preety kool) , yes i am planning on a track car ( as well as it be street) sure it seems retarted and really uncommon but it wat i wanna do everyone has a dream/ fantasy car this is mine :D

ya thats wat i was thinking i would need some kind of custom piping if i was to turbo the car and in which case if i did im sure i would ahve to change from racing piston etc to a low comp. with some high end turbo pistons etc.

but aside from that either which way the engine goes im still not too sure on suspension set up tein or moton?

with a transverse mounted engine such as hondas the K is the one where it sits correctly to the rotation..eg.. d,b,h's all rotate in a manner that when you get on it will raise the front end up which is why you want just like on a muscle car very hard springs in the rear and softs in the front, while using a rear spring height that will level off the car to make it less squirelly while going down the track...

with the rotation of the K and most other vehicles not honda, the rotation is forward to the ground, keeping a sense of downforce on the front wheels, allowing for more traction...this reasoning is the only reason why i would bother with the efforts of a K over a B.

with a transverse mounted engine such as hondas the K is the one where it sits correctly to the rotation..eg.. d,b,h's all rotate in a manner that when you get on it will raise the front end up which is why you want just like on a muscle car very hard springs in the rear and softs in the front, while using a rear spring height that will level off the car to make it less squirelly while going down the track...

with the rotation of the K and most other vehicles not honda, the rotation is forward to the ground, keeping a sense of downforce on the front wheels, allowing for more traction...this reasoning is the only reason why i would bother with the efforts of a K over a B.

hmmm thats a preety good point

anyways anyone got anyidea on wat kinda suspesion i should get like quality wise

from teh resarch ive done im leaning more towards moton

thnx everyone for teh help i made my decision on wat kind

and adam shut up man i really dont care wat u think about my posts

last resort, my post was between moton or tein i dont want pic but thnx for the suggestion there jsut like to low end for what i am looking for

thnx fer the help with everyone taht helped me

your an idiot dude. you want ITB's and turbo? hmmmm? ???

you decided between tein and moton huh ? $10,000 vs. $1,500?

also PIC are not low end at all.

i guarantee you wont ever get motons. you are the biggest ricer ever.

yes u are right i do like rice i also like tuners as well as exotic cars etc i dont see y u are having a spas im sure u liek certain cars other people think are gay but hey u arent getting smahed about taht are you so chill

i have already ordered the motons so it dosnt matter and yes actully the pic are a lowered end compared to what I AM LOOKING FOR in general they might be high end but for what i am looking for they arent so u need to read things a bit more carefully before having a 5 year old child fit

you got a problem with itb's and a turbo? or u jsut prbly want them and cant have them or for w/e reson think that cant be done or isnt possible u can do anything to a car and i mean anyhting for the right amount of moeny, u can think wat ever man, that fact is its my civic and i can do w/e i want to it and u can do whatever you want to your civic.

either way i am getting the motons there on their way people on the forums helped so thnx for that and adam itb's and turbo's do work together great! ( mods can close this page)

Archived