Nix the Integra thread.

Ben.

For something a little bigger. For my EXT Cab F150.

Here's what we'll be working with.

Amp -- Autotech or w/e 1500 watt amp, I'm checking it out tomorrow but I know it works. Dude has it powering 4 15's and it generates some knock. Enough so for me to be content with it, probably not a competition winner.

Sony Alpine IVA-D300 head unit -- TV, touchscreen. Awesome setup.

Woofers are to be determined. I'm thinking about trying to make a NICE enclosure that adapts to the back of my truck, inside of the cab obviously as it's an extended cab vehicle. Rear seats will be coming out of course. Not sure as to whether or not I'll be using 2 or 4 woofers. Depends on what I can get and for what price at what quality. Suggestions are being taken so if you have some, don't be shy.

My factory speakers are damn fine speakers, I don't think I'll change them, maybe just add a crossover and boost them a little bit. My cousin's '00 F150 had a punch 360 on his stockers and they held well. So we'll hold off on ordering mids and high's unless you guys think they're a necessity.

Anyone work with trucks and stereo systems before and think they can give me the rundown as to whether or not they think it'll work out fine?

Everyone's got diff opinions for subs. I recommend u just go to a shop and listen to them in person.

AS for speakers, my friend has an 08 Jeep Liberty and I hate when he blasts his stock system. It sounds like horsedung. If you think the stock mids are ok, then keep em, but I think some good aftermarket ones make a big difference, especially when you have the volume up.

Ford has some pretty nice sh*t in the vehicle from the getgo.

Obviously improvements are inevitable. Just wondering if I should hold off.

i rock the Xplod's in my truck

how are you liking them?

I had two XPLOD 12's in my old Mustang paired with a 1000watt Kenwood amp. Made a lot of noise, sound quality wasn't all that great though.

4 subs is way overkill. my friend has a single memphis 10 in his truck, and i dont know why or how, but that thing hits so damn hard, and hes had it for like 6 years with a lifetime warranty or something crazy

4 subs is way overkill. my friend has a single memphis 10 in his truck, and i dont know why or how, but that thing hits so damn hard, and hes had it for like 6 years with a lifetime warranty or something crazy

Most truck stereo systems bang.

This is mainly to shut my retarded ass cousin up. He has two 15's and think's he's just the sh*t. Standard homemade box, two Memphis 15's and 400 watts on them.

But, I would like something to have a little fun with.

I used to be die hard JL fan till I realized that there's other stuff out there that's just as good if not better for the same price if not less.

I would comment but I'm not into sound stuff lol

me too lina. never really was the head rockin, music bumpin kinda guy lol. plus all the crap i listen to doesnt have enough bass in it. i DO have a system, but only b/c my broseph gave it to me.

let us know when ya buy all ur shiz, i'd like to see the setup you do run.

Beat the block down for a week, and you would know...

most people that have a sub(s) arent trying to have a fast car. Most of them are the ones that creep through the parking lot so everyone sees them..(and yes, i would know as i have done it hundreds of times)

Beat the block down for a week, and you would know...

most people that have a sub(s) arent trying to have a fast car. Most of them are the ones that creep through the parking lot so everyone sees them..(and yes, i would know as i have done it hundreds of times)

ifyouhereme'foryouseemeigotkingkongindatrunk

KING KONG

KINGKINGKINGKINGKING KONG

how are you liking them?

I had two XPLOD 12's in my old Mustang paired with a 1000watt Kenwood amp. Made a lot of noise, sound quality wasn't all that great though.

i like them alot. they do what i need.

i hate sony there whole car audio line suck imo. you can get ALOT better sound and quality out of other brands for around the same cost. Take memphis for example we sell sony subs for the same price as the memphis power reference line and the memphis blow the sony's away hands down. and as long as you have a good amp with a low distortion output you wont kill them just make sure the rms rating and the ohm load match up and you have a good box that doesn't leak air.

on a side note stay away from the wal-mart brands they tend to suck ass.

imo box design is more important than brand. sonys arnt designed for a vented box, the best sound i think comes from a vented transmission box

Depends on how you like your bass. I prefer tight, accurate bass, so a sealed box is my choice. For loose, booming bass a vented or badpass box is the way to go. Keep in mind though with a vented box, you can easily overpower the drivers.

Depends on how you like your bass. I prefer tight, accurate bass, so a sealed box is my choice. For loose, booming bass a vented or badpass box is the way to go. Keep in mind though with a vented box, you can easily overpower the drivers.

thats not true at all. you can only over power a subwoofer by giving it too much power.

if you build the enclosure to suggested specs and granted the sub isnt a complete piece of crap. . it should be able to handle every bit of that power in a sealed or vented enclosure.

Also, sealed vs ported in a SQ quality application has more to do with the subs design. Back in the days there was a bit of truth in sealed > Ported for SQ. But since then there have been technological advances . . you know. . stuff like XbL2 motors and longer linear throw. In fact, some subs (DD9515 comes directly to mind here) actually gain response in a ported enclosure.

You just have to actually know a little bit about the product you are purchasing.

thats not true at all. you can only over power a subwoofer by giving it too much power.

if you build the enclosure to suggested specs and granted the sub isnt a complete piece of crap. . it should be able to handle every bit of that power in a sealed or vented enclosure.

Also, sealed vs ported in a SQ quality application has more to do with the subs design. Back in the days there was a bit of truth in sealed > Ported for SQ. But since then there have been technological advances . . you know. . stuff like XbL2 motors and longer linear throw. In fact, some subs (DD9515 comes directly to mind here) actually gain response in a ported enclosure.

You just have to actually know a little bit about the product you are purchasing.

And thank God for people such as you explaining this to people such as me. :o

Archived