High speed vibration, Clicking while braking

Jekruger72

First off I did search, but this forum is kinda messy.

Pretty simple. I get to around 60 mph it vibrates, kinda jitters gets worse as I go up. I was thinkin suspension bushings. I dont wanna just through money at it so what do you guys think?

Also Completely different but when I brake theres like a tick tick tick comin from the rear. my dad took it to the shop before and they "fixed" it. and it came back a couple days/ weeks later. Happened a couple times.

Thank you.

well an obvious step would be to check the brakes back there. 1990 CRX? That's an 18 yr old car so who knows when or if the brake shoes were ever replaced. It's worth a look anyways.

I had the same vibration problem awhile back. Having the tires re-balanced fixed the problem. Pretty sure that the DX has drums in the back so I wouldn't think it was the rotors causing the brake issue. A bad alignment can also cause a little bit of vibration, but not usually as bad as tires that are improperly balanced.

If rotating the tires doesnt work, it could be the tires have flat spots on them (i said it in my first post but i dont think anyone picked it up) it depends on where the vibration is coming from front or rear, if its the rear it could be from FWD "drifting" the front could be from it sitting for a while and they got flat spotted that way...

tires arent cheap man... not everyone can just throw around money to buy brand new tires... but if they are spotted look into getting some new tires :thumbsup:

Archived