'92-'96 Prelude

mustangGT90210

First Car opportunity!

Well, I've got a good shot at a car since my sister informed me her friends dad is selling their Prelude. I'm pretty sure it's not the VTEC, so that's all good. Only issue is the AC doesn't work. I figure with open windows I could get by 'till I get the money to fix it.

I believe it's about a '94 'Lude. It's somewhere in the '92-'96 generation

Have any experience with these?

EDIT: Alright, just went and checked it out a bit, really only a little. What I noticed is what I thought, the at least 1 inch drop and nice paint. It's got stock rims and overall looks nice, even has leather interior. I couldn't find the Odometer on the thing through the window, but I did find that it is either an Si or a VTEC. The gauge reads Premium Unleaded Only, so I think it's a VTEC. Got a nice shiny shifter on it too :) Only gripe with it from the looks, it's got your typical coffee can exhaust...

Does the Si model run premium only, or is that just reserved for a VTEC?

Now, before you start thinking I love Honda and all, get this, I don't. I like the Prelude and that is about it. I'm a Ford guy.

I had a 94' lude VTEC I loved the car. Very quick and good gas milage to boot. Nice sharp and comfy ride. AC's more of a luxury IMO I have AC in all the vehicles I ever drive/drove for the most part and I seldomly use it. I live in Ohio so weather doesn't get to hot so thats you'll call really.

EDIT: I'm and Im sure many others are also big fans of the dashes in these cars. Sweet IMO>

Now, before you start thinking I love Honda and all, get this, I don't. I like the Prelude and that is about it. I'm a Ford guy.

LOL

I find it funny that VTEC used to be a trim level.

So whats the price tag on this Lude?

LOL

Yep just like the Del Sol VTEC ^_^

and IMO ford bleh

LOL

I hate that it used to be one. Whenever I need to hit up Napa or the likes, I have to school the salesmen after I tell them I have the SOHC VTEC. :rolleyes:

Whenever I need to hit up Napa or the likes, I have to school the salesmen after I tell them I have the SOHC VTEC. :rolleyes:

That's not as bad as:

NAPA: What kind of car is it for?

Me: 1997 Honda Accord EX-V6

NAPA: 2-door or 4-door

Me: Four...door (Mind you, Honda did never made a 5th Gen V6 coupe, why would their computer have them ask this?!)

NAPA: 2.2 liter or 2.7 liter

Me: 2.7 (DIDN'T I JUST ANSWER THIS QUESTION BY TELLING YOU IT WAS A V6?! Honda has never made a 2.7L I-4)

Perhaps I expect too much.

That's not as bad as:

NAPA: What kind of car is it for?

Me: 1997 Honda Accord EX-V6

NAPA: 2-door or 4-door

Me: Four...door (Mind you, Honda did never made a 5th Gen V6 coupe, why would their computer have them ask this?!)

NAPA: 2.2 liter or 2.7 liter

Me: 2.7 (DIDN'T I JUST ANSWER THIS QUESTION BY TELLING YOU IT WAS A V6?! Honda has never made a 2.7L I-4)

Perhaps I expect too much.

lol, my recent one when picking up the front rotors for the sol a week or two ago (after going through that it's the sohc vtec):

"ABS?"

"No."

"Are you sure you don't have ABS?"

"No, the VTEC model had ABS."

" omg ???"

"The DOHC VTEC, I have the Si... the SOHC VTEC."

You should have said, "Wait let me check." Then just stood there looking at him for about 15 seconds, then said, "Nope, no ABS."

LOL, that would have been better. :thumbsup:

I had that kind of problem with my old teggy because it was a 89 LS with a B17A1 swap... they looked at me like i was a dumba$$ so i finally just got tired of them and said "do you want to go look for yourself?" some people at autozone are cartarded

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Alright, the 'Lude is completely messed up. Fan wasn't working, anything power wasn't working except the windows, and it was overheating after 45 minutes, 10 of those minutes at idle. Loved the car and all that, but the last straw was when it stalled in 2 consecutive corners. With my foot on the clutch, car in neutral even. Owner said everything was messed up 'cause of the Engine swap. The owner before him put a '94 H22 in it. The Honda dealer wouldn't even touch the car to fix the AC.

So I didn't buy it.

But what's this I'm reading about the Si being an SOHC VTEC engine?? Did you guys mean the H23A1?

Archived